AR Mag Holster

Shotgunn25

Fanatic
Looking for recommendations for an AR mag holster, and have some questions. Is it better to do single holsters and have two of them, single stack holster that is two holsters together side by side, or a double stack holster?

I've been looking at the Blade Tech Revolution double stack holster, but haven't made a final decision on it yet.

Thanks for your input.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
You will never need a double stack mag holder simply because you'll never need to carry two backup mags. You're better off getting larger mags like the magpul drum or a 40 round mag with a TTI extension so you don't need a reload at all.

If you're shooting factory division and are limited on capacity and know you'll have to reload start with reload #1 coming from coupled mags. Then stick another set of coupled mags in a single mag holder.

Shotgunn25

Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
You will never need a double stack mag holder simply because you'll never need to carry two backup mags. You're better off getting larger mags like the magpul drum or a 40 round mag with a TTI extension so you don't need a reload at all.
If you're shooting factory division and are limited on capacity and know you'll have to reload start with reload #1 coming from coupled mags. Then stick another set of coupled mags in a single mag holder.

Thanks. I do already use two 40 round mags. I'll try the single holder, as I carry a second one in my pocket now.

I've seen the coupled mags, but have never used them before.

jtischauser

Shotgunn25 said:
Thanks. I do already use two 40 round mags. I'll try the single holder, as I carry a second one in my pocket now.

I've seen the coupled mags, but have never used them before.
Have you ever needed a 2nd mag off your belt? Or are you just trying to add redundancy in case of a problem?

Shotgunn25

Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Have you ever needed a 2nd mag off your belt? Or are you just trying to add redundancy in case of a problem?
Yes, we've needed two mags before, as there are some stages with mandatory reloads, or there has been a max round count in your first mag.

I would just like to not have the mag hanging out of my pocket. It seems like a single mag holster would fit what I'm looking for.

jtischauser

A few years Back when there weren't 40's and I only had 35 in each mag I would run a BladeTech single pouch on my weak side hip or if it was a small stage where I would only need the mag if something went bad I'd put it around by my back pocket.
I also ran a mag sideways on the middle back of my belt in case of emergency.

willysman

New Fanatic
Be glad you are not up here in Canada. We are limited by law to 5 round magazines in a center-fire rifle. Though I do run .50 Beowulf mags that I can load 15 rounds of .223 in. I can do this as they can only hold 5 of the Beowulf rounds. This is only one of the many ridiculous gun laws we have up here. I love coming down to the US and shooting when I get the chance.

JohnCea

Well-Known Fanatic
I guess you should try this Conder Stacker Mag Pouch, Is a simple yet effective system to carry your AR mags.

Latest posts