Anyone want to buddy hunt Lake Arcadia with me this year?

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
For those that dont know they sell 4 day bow hunts at Lake Arcadia. The hunts are Thursday - Sunday starting Oct 1st and running until the end of December. The cost is $50 for the weekend. Im not sure what weekends I will be hunting yet but Im wanting to hunt at least 3 weekends if I can. There are 25 zones ranging from 40 to 100 acres per zone. Up to 4 hunters can buddy hunt the zone. Still $50 per hunter. For more info you can go here: http://edmondok.com/parks/arcadialake/events its at the bottom of the page. If anyone would like to buddy hunt with me just let me know and we can pick some dates that would work. Lets just say working for the city I have pretty good connections for finding out the most active zones

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
I may be interested for some early season hunts. I won't know for a couple weeks. I looked into this a couple years ago, but never did it.

Id love to to a little bowhunting, but Im not sure Id be able to make it on time.

Cadoll

Well-Known Fanatic
Brian, hook it up. I'm game.
[/

I would love to try arcadia for bowhunting. Just so happens that i have been doing some research and really dont have any idea as to where to go. I have been a bowhunter for 35 yrs , all in kansas. I have heard that arcadia is an interesting hunt. I am blessed that my wife and family love venison. Give me some dates to hunt and count me in if i am not imposing. Bout any time works for me. Would like to hunt prior to the rut if anyone knows approx. When that might be. I would like to try some light rattling and decoy setups.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
I would love to try arcadia for bowhunting. Just so happens that i have been doing some research and really dont have any idea as to where to go. I have been a bowhunter for 35 yrs , all in kansas. I have heard that arcadia is an interesting hunt. I am blessed that my wife and family love venison. Give me some dates to hunt and count me in if i am not imposing. Bout any time works for me. Would like to hunt prior to the rut if anyone knows approx. When that might be. I would like to try some light rattling and decoy setups.

It will be after september 1st when they do the deer count, Im going to try to go out and tag along for some of the counts. Then Ill try figure up some dates and what zones will be best. Last year they took the limit on bucks but they were still harvesting does till the end of December.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
It will be after september 1st when they do the deer count, Im going to try to go out and tag along for some of the counts. Then Ill try figure up some dates and what zones will be best. Last year they took the limit on bucks but they were still harvesting does till the end of December.

I'm all about letting all bucks with 8 pts or less walk and only shooting does. If the rack is inside the ears, let it grow another year or three. The only 2 bucks i've shot are 8 and 9 pointers large enough to be on wall. I would be very happy with a bow hunt for primarily does.

Cadoll

Well-Known Fanatic

Thats great that you can go on the deer count. Keep me informed if you need me for anything.

Latest posts