Anyone here been using any of the Shooters World line of powders ? Here's some info..

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Made a range trip again last night..this time I took my 40's.. but this post is about Shooters World line of powders.
I tried a new-to-me powder in my 40 S&W load, & thought I should comment on it.

About the company: Shooters World LLC was founded in 2012 by Karen and Ned Gerard. They, along with Ken Johnson, are international shooters and competed in the Olympic Games, World Championships, Pan American Games, and US and Caribbean Championships.
Shooters World has imported powder from Explosia a.s. ,an explosives manufacturer in Semtín, in the Czech Republic. The company was established in 1920. Its most famous product is the Semtex malleable explosive, the name is formed as a combination of the first letters of the Semtín village and the company name.

The parent company Lovex, (Lovex is a Germany company ) has been distributing Explosa line of powders to Shooters World.
Lovex also bought out Western Powders Inc. USA... which owned Accurate powders, as well as several others.

About 30 yrs. ago, I switched from primarily using the Hercules line of powders, to the Accurate Arms line of powders.
Maybe 6-8 yrs. ago, I bought & tried a few of the Shooters World line of powders. I first heard about Shooters World powders after seeing a sale for them @ Midsouth Shooters supply, if you ordered 4# of powder, you got free shipping & hazmat . I ordered 4 different powders, 3 pistol: Clean Shot, Auto Pistol, & Ultimate pistol, + 1 rifle : Blackout. From my experience with this line of powders, I've discovered that I will use Shooters World powders , as often as I can find them.

Initially, Shooters World had very little load info. available for their powders. Some calibers had no data @all on their site.
A repeated instruction was to use similar charges as another powder. i.e. " use load data similar to A/A#2 "
A few years ago, I found a much improved site, with detailed descriptions of the powder, what caliber it works for best,
and much more load data for each powder and caliber. Here's a link to the (newer) site :

The Blackout was developed for 7.62 X39 and 300 Blackout rnds., supposed to be similar to A/A 1680.
I've loaded a fair amount of 7.62 X39 w/ 1680..it's a good powder for the rnd., but I learned that Blackout was able to produce higher velocity than 1680,
and that accuracy was very good. I used up my 1st lb. quickly & ordered more.

Tried Clean Shot, & Auto Pistol in a variety of caliber loadings, both powders seemed to work at least as well as ( if not better than)
the similar A/A powder to which it is compared. I had not tried Ultimate pistol powder until last night.

Yesterday, I loaded some 40 S&W rds. with it, & compared it to my standby powder for that caliber, HS-6 , when I made my range outing.
I will say, I was most impressed. Loading a 165 gr FMJ pill with 6.5 gr of Ultimate pistol, a max charge for this bullet weight is 6.8 gr = 1139fps
my 6.5 charge would calculate to be about 1090 fps.. The Hs-6 load was 8.0 gr = 1090 fps ..very close to identical velocity (calculated, not chrono'd)

I tried these loads on a Glock 22 w/ Lone Wolf barrel & trigger work done by my gunsmith.,
a Colt Delta Elite, with a Nowlin 40 S&W barrel, fitted to my 1911 by my gunsmith,
and a Sig Sauer 226 S ( aka X-5 Target)

for those unfamiliar,.. The SIG Sauer P226 X-Five is a competition only variant of the P226 with a 5.0 in slide and barrel, beavertail grip, and an adjustable rear target sight. Built in the Sig Custom Shop, it was Intended for IPSC Wa1500, bullseye and other centrefire competitive shooting, the X-Five is hand-fitted and assembled in Germany, and its resulting accuracy accordingly rivals the SIG P210. All SIG P226 X-Five models include a factory test target with a 2.0 in 5-shot grouping from 27 yd.

Result showed that all pistols fired the rds. loaded w/ Ultimate Pistol more accurately.
What I found also surprising was how CLEAN the fired cases were. They looked like they had not been loaded & fired..clean inside & out.
Have never seen fired cases come out this clean after use.

If you haven't tried any Shooters World powders, I'd encourage you to give then a try..if you can find any.
Check out the link I posted, & read a few descriptions of their powders. Most informative. From my experience, they aren't exaggerating.
Powder meters VERY consistently thru my Dillon & Hornady powder dispensers. Reported velocities are greater than similar powders they're compared to, and accuracy has been very good, in all the calibers I've loaded. I like that they use a flash supressant in their powders, as a fireball out the barrel may look cool, but it's not conducive to accuracy, in my shooting.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
We went from IMR 4895 to AA 2520 then to Vihtavuori 133 & 135.
Never bought a 1# can for High Power, just the 8# jugs at matches from dealers who came out.

With the recalls & trouble at AA today I would not buy their powder at this time.
Shooters World powders have unique names, I see their chart includes points of reference ( Burn rates ) for old timers.

Having not tried any yet, I must say they look good & I would try a pound, :eek: when powder prices go down a bit.
The last powder we used Vihtavuori had such a nice smell when fired, it was sweet & clean compared to IMR 4895.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I've used & liked AA2520, in several rifles in the recent past, most my rifle powders were purchased > 10yrs ago. For many yrs. I just didn't shoot my rifles. Spent most my shooting time with my pistols. Hadn't heard anything about issues with AA powders, though Lovex has purchased the AA line , with the addition of Western powders added to their powder empire. I have read online that some SW powders are actually rebranded AA powders. Some seem very close in performance, they could be slightly "modified" in their production. I just know from my experience with them, the SW powders work at least as good as, and in most cases, better than other powders I've used. A problem I've had is that I'll buy some different powders, and it may be years before I actually use them..as I keep a stock of ammo loaded for all my firearms. There is (may be ) a significant time interval between when I load some rds. with a new powder & when they get used / tested.
This is the case with several SW powders I purchased. By the time I actually shot some rds I loaded with a new powder, decide I want to buy some more, it's impossible to find it in stock, anywhere.
Reading from the link I posted, there are several new powders I want to try..when I find them in stock.