Any motorcyclists on here?

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
I posted this on Facebook, and also on the main Honda Shadow internet forum:
"Can you believe the temperature? It hit an incredible 79° earlier this afternoon, here in Richmond, VA.

I got out my beloved 2007 Honda Shadow 750 motorcycle, and washed her and polished her all up. Shining pretty as always! 45,588 original miles too, and NEVER had a problem! :cool:

As seen below, I rolled her out more into the driveway to dry in the sun..."

ANYONE ELSE ON A 1911 FORUM RIDE A MOTORCYCLE?

31021.HondaShadow.jpg

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
When my now grown daughters were young, I would give them rides - some quite long. And then told them, anyone ever give you a ride different than that, get off and call me or otherwise get yourself home. I got no patience for guys giving insane rides to others. You want to ride like the devil is on your tail, do it solo.

Great rides all. OK full disclosure. Shortly after discharge I rode my '48 Indian Chief cross country. Have had many HDs since then, a favorite was an 08 road glide as pictured above a few times. Blackbeard I always thought the EG Standard was the best bang for the buck in touring lineup. Ya'll be safe, enjoy and as they say "keep the shiny side up"

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Been riding steadily since the late 60's & have owned a bike (or more) since 1970..even stationed overseas, i had a couple, to get around.
Currently there are 11 , dirt bikes, sport bikes, Sport tourers, & Touring bikes..even a couple of Harleys, inc. my 1979 FXEF (purchased new & been riding it ever since,) & my "newest" Harley, a '94 Dyna Convert., bought about 10 yrs ago. Below is younger me, on a beach in Shimoda,Japan.

Joe XL250.JPGDSCN0612.JPG

DSCN0969.JPG

Last edited:

krglorioso

Well-Known Fanatic
I began riding at 16 in 1953, about 4-5 years after I got my first gun, a Springfield (Stevens) Mdl 15 single shot .22 RF which I still have. Now age 84, I have owned 86 motorcycles and quite a few firearms, including my Colt .45 Double Eagle Compact. Professional flat track and road racer 1961-68. I try to ride several times a week, depending on weather. Honda 500 twin and Royal Enfield 650 twin. I admire greatly the Harley "Big Twin" models shown by other posters, but at my age and 134# I am limited to riding nothing heavier than about 450#.

"You don't stop riding motorcycles because you got old. You got old because you stopped riding motorcycles".

Ralph
Burnet, TX

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
I posted this on Facebook, and also on the main Honda Shadow internet forum:
"Can you believe the temperature? It hit an incredible 79° earlier this afternoon, here in Richmond, VA.

I got out my beloved 2007 Honda Shadow 750 motorcycle, and washed her and polished her all up. Shining pretty as always! 45,588 original miles too, and NEVER had a problem! :cool:

As seen below, I rolled her out more into the driveway to dry in the sun..."

ANYONE ELSE ON A 1911 FORUM RIDE A MOTORCYCLE?

View attachment 7451
Nice...had one with a tank shift many years ago...now graduated to motorcycles with a motor...

vet74-77

Fanatic
Been riding steadily since the late 60's & have owned a bike (or more) since 1970..even stationed overseas, i had a couple, to get around.
Currently there are 11 , dirt bikes, sport bikes, Sport tourers, & Touring bikes..even a couple of Harleys, inc. my 1979 FXEF (purchased new & been riding it ever since,) & my "newest" Harley, a '94 Dyna Convert., bought about 10 yrs ago. Below is younger me, on a beach in Shimoda,Japan.

View attachment 7488View attachment 7491

View attachment 7492

View attachment 7488View attachment 7491

View attachment 7492
That bike would look good OD green-I have looked at harleys with the military package-very nice-but my heart belongs to usgi 1911s and on my list is a 1943 late year 1. 2 mil Ithaca

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
Started riding in 1965 and except for a short job working for Uncle Sam, Been riding ever since. Unfortunately had to give up my Street Glide 5 years ago due to injuries sustained while being employed by Uncle. Now still riding on 3. A 2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike.

Attachments

• 2015 Freewheeler 4.14.17 011.JPG
    2015 Freewheeler 4.14.17 011.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 2

krglorioso

Well-Known Fanatic
Started riding in 1965 and except for a short job working for Uncle Sam, Been riding ever since. Unfortunately had to give up my Street Glide 5 years ago due to injuries sustained while being employed by Uncle. Now still riding on 3. A 2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike.
Taz: A peacetime Marine (1958-61} salutes you for your service.

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
I began riding at 16 in 1953, about 4-5 years after I got my first gun, a Springfield (Stevens) Mdl 15 single shot .22 RF which I still have. Now age 84, I have owned 86 motorcycles and quite a few firearms, including my Colt .45 Double Eagle Compact. Professional flat track and road racer 1961-68. I try to ride several times a week, depending on weather. Honda 500 twin and Royal Enfield 650 twin. I admire greatly the Harley "Big Twin" models shown by other posters, but at my age and 134# I am limited to riding nothing heavier than about 450#.

"You don't stop riding motorcycles because you got old. You got old because you stopped riding motorcycles".

Ralph
Burnet, TX

My Hero!

Latest posts