Any members of the OK ANG on here?

Ben-Sons

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm looking for info about any units in oklahoma's ANG.
I am an AGR thinking about PCS-ing from Arkansas 188th SF.
Let me know if anyone has any info.
Thanks!

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
I was a member of the 137th at Will Rogers ANG Base.
What do you want to know?

I see you're in Van Buren, I used to train at Ft. Smith.

Ben-Sons

Well-Known Fanatic
Nothing opsec related.
What is the mission, are there AGR's in the CATM shop, good base/bad base to work at... Just general knowledge.

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
The 137th is an Air Refueling wing now, we used to be C-130's so formerly... Air mobility? All of your typical squadrons are represented, and we've got an ASOS unit if you're an operator or wanting to be one. I know that there are a few AGR's in Security Forces, but I'm not sure how they're structured, so it may be a civilian or an AGR in CATM. If you want more info, I can get you the contact info for the S.F. First Shirt and you can ask him yourself. He's a real good guy and a local LEO.

I've deployed enough times to travel with folks from MOST parts of the base, and in all honesty, It's a great group. I really don't know what to say about them; It's hard to describe your home squadron. There's a big focus on setting a high standard. I don't think we've gone through a rated exercise with anything less than an "excellent" in a long time. It's a highly mobile base and fairly well decorated, so if you want action, it's definitely there. That being said, it's definitely not a big base, so AGR positions tend to be few and far between.

Latest posts