anticipating the ban

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
heres a thought.

remember when the petitions to seccede were floating?

how about all states filing a petition such as "do not infrindge our second ammendment rights"

or "no new laws on guns"

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
i actually looked at change.org for those, and there are a few ut their, unfortinately they are lost in the literal dozens demanding new Assault weapons bans and repeal the second amendment bans. And the paranoid part of me notes that i cant find some of the ones that were up yesterday and the day before, even though they still supposedly had time to collect signatures. almost as if the people in charge of the change.org website had an anti gun agenda and were deleting them. Naaaa......

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
I suspect many 2A enthusiasts have not registered their address with the White House so as to make an account and sound off on petitions. Just saying.

White House.gov petitions are retarded. Do you really think asking Pres Obama nicely to oppose an AWB will matter? Hah!

What is necessary is to strongly lean on your Representatives and Senators at the federal level.

It is also necessary to start prepping the ground with your local state legislature. I see at least a few states being able to be persuaded, "no, our citizens will not be bound by your stupid bans, so go pound sand." Two states did it for marijuana, and several have passed "firearms freedom laws" already which remain largely untested, so this is a good area for action. The state can also impose real solutions. We've tried the liberal Gun Free School Zone posture, and CT tried the strict gun control act. They have been demonstrated as terrible policies that kill children. It is time for some states to step up and change their laws. Did you know it is a felony for a teacher in SC to carry a taser in the school regardless of their training level? That's retarded. Likewise I believe it is a felony for a retired law enforcement officer who still qualifies annually (under LEOSA) to carry a sidearm in a school. That's also retarded. We don't need to mandate kindergarten teachers carry glocks but there are simple, low risk, low cost measures which can substantially harden schools. CT and Kali will never, ever allow a teacher to carry a taser or a retired cop to carry a gun because it is politically unacceptable, but some states may actually be interested in saving lives.

TheGriff

Well-Known Fanatic
Just what I like to see... People making decisions for others that don't have any first hand knowledge...

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
Having just read an article about Biden, and the gun control they plan to enact, the last thought on my mind is to grovel mindlessly over a stack of meaningless papers pleading for a control freak like this administration is comprised of to please, pretty please, consider that we don't want the measures they wish to inflict upon us.

Right now Obama is testing the waters, using Biden as bait, to see how badly he'll get chewed up, and frankly, I think it's the eleventh hour for our rights. I am not going to sign some stupid petition aimed at asking permission for something that is already inherently mine. Let's show them the backlash is not worth their tyranny. Let's tell them we are ANGRY, and we won't stand for this sh!t. This is no longer America, land of the free and home of the brave, but it also isn't ****ing Germany or Russia, not yet. Take a stand, with your spine straight, your convictions steeled, and your love of liberty burning white hot. Tell them you've had enough, dammit, and they need to GTFO.

I am not their chattel, I am NOT a slave, and I refuse to be punished as if I were.

MCA

Well-Known Fanatic
A big +1 with C_Carson. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

This is an article/blog I just read by Mas Ayoob in case anyone was interested. I have always respected him and what he has done and he is a great advocate to have on our side.

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/

While I would like to say that I am hoping for the best, hope just isn't going to cut it this time around I am afraid.

My best to you all...

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
its looking like weaningless papers are as good as meaningless talk.

who do we yell at?

the representatives have an opinion and it looks like its not ours. starting at the top.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
who do we yell at?

Soap box. Family, friends, coworkers, social media. Humanize yourself and your hobby. Ask people why they want to take away YOUR standard capacity magazine, not "some other guy." Take someone shooting. Give the gift of an hour on the range for Christmas. If you're articulate, write short focused letters to the editor. Hammer home self defense. Most Americans don't know or care about Constitutional rights or guns but many understand self-defense.

Ballot box. Write your Senators and Reps. Short letters are fine; make it clear gun control is unacceptable and that you vote in primaries and general elections. Also write your STATE representatives. Most state representatives don't get much mail. Demand they oppose more gun control and insist that they explore loosening weapons laws regarding schools. For example: Let retired cops carry in schools, let teachers carry tasers, let CWP holders carry in schools, create an "enhanced CWP" for carry in schools, etc etc etc. The best that can be hoped for on the federal level is a holding action (i.e. no losses) but state laws may be improved.

Jury Box. Give money to Second Amendment Foundation. Seriously, they are the most important organization working the federal courts for the 2A today. Heller changed the landscape in many ways. THey continue to do good work. A membership costs $25.

Latest posts