Ameriglo Pro I-Dot

Hitokiri03

Well-Known Fanatic
So I am thinking about pulling the trigger today on some sights to replace the stock sights on my M&P9 full size. I am leaning towards some Ameriglo Pro I-Dot sights. I called Ameriglo and then said that they would replace the .180" notch, green tritium w/ white outline to a .180" notch with yellow tritium and no outline for no additional charge. This would give me a single dot rear that would not really be noticable during the day, but would show up at night, mixed with a hack front (.140" front with green tritium for night, outlined in a bright orange paint for day shooting). To me this sounds like a great combo for a gun that I will carry, use as a HD weapon, and a gun to get me started in competition. You guys agree?

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/smith-wesson/night-sights/complete-sets

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't have much cash to spend on parts, so I just blacked the rear dots on mine with a sharpie and used clear finger nail polish to seal them. With the white dot on the front in daylight the front sight stands out. As for the night time shooting have a flashlight either on the gun or close by, you can get a good sight picture with just the silouete of the sights. Just put the light in front of the gun(don't shine it on the gun). And practice a little bit.

Latest posts