Aimpoints and astigmatism?

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Anyone here shoot an aimpoint and have astigmatism. I like the concept of red dots, but the Eotec I tried morphed into a terrible blob instead of a dot.

Anyone have a micro/PRO/M3 that I could look through or shoot a bit?

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I have terrible vision. Astigmatism is only part of my problem.
I have a Vortex Strikefire scope you are welcome to try.
I don't know if it will help or not.

Cajun0007

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a astigmatism and have an Aimpoint T-1 with the 4 MOA dot (blob). When I look at the dot it looks like a football shape. I still keep it on my SHTF rifle but it makes it difficult to make hits past 100yds for me. The Eotech dot is much easier for me to see but it is still somewhat blurry. I recently got a Leupold Prismatic and I can see the etched reticle perfectly. FYI

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
G.T. I'm not sure it's your astigmatism, I think they just look that way. I have a very minor astigmatism according to my doctor and both my Comp M2 and Eotech look like blobs. The brighter you crank them the worse it gets too.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
I've got a prismatic on my 22 upper and I love that little thing. I'm going over options for my 308 and I was thinking about a 2 MOA aimpoint since that rifle will be taken hunting occasionally and I'd like something I can drop in the mud/drag through branches. Which made me think about an aimpoint, I guess if Chambers can throw his 3 gun rifle into dump buckets all the time and survive that it will be durable enough for my plans. I really love that etched reticule too.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
GT I know the main reason I don't have a dot type sight is the fact I think they all look like blobs of light! I did get a Tac30 for my critter getter AR but truth I really doubt I ever turn the thing on, it's not too bad BUT when ya crank it on up it goes blob real quick.

It's just money, you'll make more next week LOL Later,

Kirk

Latest posts