ACOG vs. TR24

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone have any experience with one vs the other? Most matches I shoot have a maximum distance of 50 yards usually with an occasional 100 to 200 yard shot. I am currently using 45 degree angle backup sights with my acog and I do OK. I was wondering if the 1 power would be much easier to shoot both eyes open with the close stuff?

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Interestingly enough the TA-11 in particular was made to shoot up close with both eyes open. It's the BAC method and it works! I just put one on my open gun and there is no need to run a 1x dot or any irons at 45. I ran up close stuff as fast or faster than with a 1x and then went to the other range where I went 1 for 1 at 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500. I am a believer for sure. Nice not having to screw with variable and small eye box.
Not sure where you are located since I am on mobile, but if you are local here to OK, you can try mine anytime.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Tech said:
A bunch of wisenheimers eh?
I was 100% serious. I had a 1.25-4x accupoint when I first started and then switched to a 1x which was way better for me. I am right eye dominant. So my brain wants to listen to my right eye as it looks thru the scope more than my left eye viewing the targets at 1X.

mike_pinto said:
Interestingly enough the TA-11 in particular was made to shoot up close with both eyes open. It's the BAC method and it works! I just put one on my open gun and there is no need to run a 1x dot or any irons at 45. I ran up close stuff as fast or faster than with a 1x and then went to the other range where I went 1 for 1 at 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500. I am a believer for sure. Nice not having to screw with variable and small eye box.
Not sure where you are located since I am on mobile, but if you are local here to OK, you can try mine anytime.
Doesn't eye dominance play a big role in this? You're weak eye dominant if memory serves me correct. Seems it would be easier to do the BAC with cross dominance or weak eye dominance.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
I know it works for me and I am left eye dominant and shoot right handed. KurtM is neutral eye dominant and one other feller I was shooting with yesterday is right eye, right handed and it works real well for all of us. I bet it helps but the way the eye relief is and the natural tendencies of the brain to focus with the non magnified side lends the method to be very effective for most folk. I bet there are some it doesn't work for, but unless you try it, I guess you'll never know.
It's the same sensation as covering up the exit glass on an illuminated scope and sighting with both eyes open. I do have a 1x offset cause I am not used to it enough when moving. :)

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
For your stated use I'd be all over an Aimpoint. Anything past 200 and I want need some mag. I was never able to shoot ANY gun both eyes open until I bought my Aimpoint. I still suck at it on pistols but not as bad.
I'll also say that Trijicon has some kind of juju going on with their glass. I've never seen anything as clear and bright whether it was magnified or not. Nothing. Maybe it's just my eyes.

Latest posts