a question on magazine pads...

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I had been looking @ Stan Chen magazine wells, the Chen SI "Shooter Installed" Magwell ( https://store.chencustom.com/product_p/si-mag.htm )
finally ordered a couple. Put one on my Springfield Loaded Target, in 9mm & realized I don't have any 9mm mags with a rubber, plastic,
or steel magazine pad / extension. The Stan Chen magazine well is quite deep & it'd be nice to have an extension /pad, so the mag is easier to fully seat.

I put another Stan Chen magazine well on my STI Spartan V in 45 acp , & with a couple of ACT mags I have with magazine pads, mag changes are smooth & fast.

My ? is.....anyone added mag pads to a mag that didn't come with them ?

I am aware some mags come pre-drilled & tapped for a pad. My favorite 9mm magazines ( Mec Gar) are not pre-drilled. wondered if anyone has drilled & tapped magazines ? and anyone know of a good source for some pads ?
I've already checked Brownells.. thought I should ask about anyone that's done this, before placing an order for some.
Looks for tips, advice, thoughts .. Thanks in advance, for helpful replies. Joe

Tactical Rico

Well-Known Fanatic
I use Tripp mags exclusively and they come with base pads. However, I remember gluing pads on some HP mags and there is a kit for fitting rubber pads to single stack mags that come with self taping screws and a template for drilling the holes. I believe Brownells has them.
Hope this helps...
TR

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
checking around on the internet, I found some @ CDNN Sports. They had some other stuff on sale I needed / wanted so placed on order for them.
They come w/screws to mount 'em, so may try drilling holes in the bottom of my favorite Mec Gar mags & see how it works.

Latest posts