45* sights

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't think this really belongs in the photo section anymore, unless one of the mods thinks it should be there.

Anyways, talking about the offset sights in my SolidWorks thread,

How important is sight height for you serious shooters out there?

I modified the ones shown in the previous thread, to this:
BUIS-3.jpg

These are at a 45* offset, and standard height (2.6" from the web) from the bore, not the rail.

Here you can see how far out to the right they are with a scope on.

BUIS-4.jpg

Any thoughts? Or is something like this not worth the time?

Chris_Andersen

Certified
I would think that the lowest sight height possible would be better for potential clearance issues with ports and barracades in a competition setting. There would probably be something to be said for the axis your eye is on when you are on the optic being the same with you rotate to the irons. And as long as you have just enough height to get the adjustability you need and clear sightlines past anything else on the gun you would be good. Regarding your pic above...I think a notch and post design would be alot faster. I do like the simplicity of it though.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
They look long. I'll snap a picture of my RMR in my burkett mount tonight. It seems closer to the rifle.

Chambers

actual GM
Do you zero that RMR different than your primary optic? Like a 7 yard zero or something so you can shoot point-of-aim point-of-impact on the hoser targets?

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
They look long. I'll snap a picture of my RMR in my burkett mount tonight. It seems closer to the rifle.

That's why I was asking. Those are the same distance from the bore as the Dueck Defense sights. The other sights I'd drawn were much smaller, but not centric to the bore.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I haven't sepnt much time on it but i put a hasty zero on it at 25 yards. It was close enough from that distance in. If you start going farther it starts shooting left pretty quickly.

Latest posts