3 gun drills

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anybody have any good 3 gun specific drills live fire and dry fire? I am looking to take my game to the next level. Is there any information out there on what kind of practice and training the guys are doing to get good enough to classify for the 3 gun nation pro series?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The best thing you can do to get better at 3-gun is master the movement, stage planning, and gaming of USPSA pistol matches and apply those same principles to 3-gun by shooting every club match you can within a 3-4 hour drive from home.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Taking a class from a USPSA grandmaster like Phil Strader, max Michel, Mike Seeklander, Ben Stoeger, etc is good too. Those guys know how to run a course of fire as fast as possible. Once you have the know how it's up to you to excute by making every trigger pull count.

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
I took a class from Bob Vogel last month and I started working on some of stuff he showed us and was doing in the match. It's crazy how much time he saved by his movement and shooting just as he gets into position/ is leaving position. The biggest thing I learned was most of the time I am losing isn't the shooting part. It's the movement part and the time lost getting into and out of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
Eric1231 said:
I took a class from Bob Vogel last month and I started working on some of stuff he showed us and was doing in the match. It's crazy how much time he saved by his movement and shooting just as he gets into position/ is leaving position. The biggest thing I learned was most of the time I am losing isn't the shooting part. It's the movement part and the time lost getting into and out of position.
I took a pistol class with a lesser known but very good GM last April and learned a bunch but what Eric said also stuck out to me the most overall.

Latest posts