3-Gun...couple of shotty questions

boomer mooner

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Benelli M2 with 28" barrel and a Nordic tube extension that's about 1" shorter than the barrel. I've had a Nordic barrel clamp for awhile but I'm just getting around to installing it. Is there a place on the barrel that's better than another to put the clamp? Close to the muzzle, half way, or just personal preference?

My second question is what choke is best to use for shooting slugs? I don't know if we're shooting slugs at the OKC 3 gun this weekend or not, but I'm going out to the range tomorrow to see where I'm hitting at 50 yards just because it sound like fun.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I'm no expert, but I use light modified for everything.

My barrel clamp is roughly half way down my Nordic tube, but I don't think it really matters as long as it fits where you put it.

With my Benelli, tightening the screws on the barrel clamp will shift your POA POI with slugs. I'm able to dial in shots with adjusting the tension on one side or the other. My slug POA POI barely shifted when I used a cylinder, IC, and modified choke too. By no means am I an expert in this field but I thought my two cents may help.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Put the Clamp where it looks the best. All it does is take the torque off the threads at the nut and put it at the clamp. If you put some electrical tape under the clamp it will help keep the clamp from scratching your barrel.

Shoot slugs they every one of your chokes to see how they shoot.

Latest posts