2016 fishing season open

dennishoddy

Buddy from OKC came to fish with me today.
Windy as hell, but we found the fish and stayed on them for a little over three hours.
Brought home 29 crappie and 6 sandbass. Pretty decent day. [emoji3]

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Oooooh man that brings up some tasty memories. Good catching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

All jigs here. Some of the guys on Kaw are reporting better catches drop shotting minnows. All within 17-25' of water.
Structure like rock ledges, drop offs and rip rap is where they are concentrated.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
dennishoddy said:
All jigs here. Some of the guys on Kaw are reporting better catches drop shotting minnows. All within 17-25' of water.
Structure like rock ledges, drop offs and rip rap is where they are concentrated.
Great. Thanks. I have always done better with live bait but Stillwater lost its bait shop, The Tackle Shack. :( I guess I have to learn to catch my own shad now with a cast net.

I have my Kayak fitted with sonar so I will find the fish but catching them is always another matter. I am thinking about putting in at Sooner and paddling up into the discharge area for bass.

dennishoddy

Sooner discharge area is hit or miss this time of year. The shad schools are on the move, and the hybrids and bass move with them. The gulls will lead you to the shad.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
time out from Mardi Gras in Galveston. Sheepshead

pre_1455205080__sheepshead.jpg

Modoc

Active Fanatic
Stream fishing just started here in CA yesterday. So my dad and I went out on the Lower Sacramento instead of dealing with the crowds on the accessible mountain streams and rivers.

Had a great day fly fishing for rainbow trout with a guide, we landed about a dozen plus with the smallest being about 12" and the largest being 20". Slightly spendy, but all we had to do was fish, no rowing, no launching the boat (which we don't have), and easier on my Dad's 75 year old back. Made for a great day in the low 80's with a light breeze.