18.5" barrel for 3gun anyone?

randy Thompson

Well-Known Fanatic
whats your thoughts on running a 18" barrel for a while on a M2 for 3gun doable with tighter chokes or waste of time? have a lead on a cheap M2 tactical thought abut running the shorty until save up some funds for a longer barrel for it.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
it's not ideal but it's definitely been done before

randy Thompson

Well-Known Fanatic
A friend is the one thinkin about it his account won't let him post. But that's kinda what we were talking about just run tighter chokes and go from there thanks for the replies

I would wait for a deal on an M2 or M1 that's already been worked over by Accurate Iron, you'll wanna get it done anyway for 3 gun. Might check with him to see if he has one ready to go...ya never know

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
In open/unlimited class, some of the competitors are using MKA 1919 box fed shotguns successfully. The stock barrel is 19".

With proper chokes and loads, I would think you would be OK.

Bill

randy Thompson

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a M2 at accurate iron now getting the full service. My shooting buddy is also wanting to upgrade by don't can't splurge for the all out deal but can pick up a M2 tactical for around 6 bills and was thinking of graving it and running it for now and save up for the rest.
thanks for all of the input

randy Thompson

Well-Known Fanatic
Flatland Shooter said:
In open/unlimited class, some of the competitors are using MKA 1919 box fed shotguns successfully. The stock barrel is 19".

With proper chokes and loads, I would think you would be OK.

Bill
Awesome I'll let him know thanks

randy Thompson said:
I have a M2 at accurate iron now getting the full service. My shooting buddy is also wanting to upgrade by don't can't splurge for the all out deal but can pick up a M2 tactical for around 6 bills and was thinking of graving it and running it for now and save up for the rest.
thanks for all of the input
Heck yea!

Latest posts