12 GA Ammo

AllAmericanBP

Fanatic
Guys, I hope I am not beating a dead horse but I just got my shotgun for 3-gun in this week. Trying to get some practice loading for the upcoming match and was wondering what local ammo do most guys go with that is reliable? Federal birdshot or que??? Thanks in advance.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I buy the cheapest available at the time. Usually Federal Field Load or Winchester Super Target in 7-1/2. Anything over 1200fps is usually good to go

577459.jpg

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Federal Bulk pack.
The Winchester bulk has a problem of the brass coming off & leaving the rest of the hull in the chamber.

DD78

Well-Known Fanatic
The Walmart Federal bulk packs used to be good, but they changed them. The crimps are now terrible, and since they changed them, I've had malfunctions suddenly. I quit shooting them and bought better shells. I'd rather spend $20 more per case and not have to worry about my ammo giving me issues during a match. I don't reload shotgun ammo so I have to rely on the manufacturers QC. I'm more than happy to pay a few extra bucks for that.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
My M1 has only EVER had a problem with one kind of ammo. That was Estate.

That was probably more esoteric than anyting

posted via Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I will practice with federal bulk pack or any cheap ammo for that matter but I only shoot Winchester AA's or Remington STS in matches. I'm told the AMU uses STS because it consistently patterns slightly better then AA's. STS are usually $1/box more and less available at academy so I don't buy them as often.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Jesse Tischauser said:
I will practice with federal bulk pack or any cheap ammo for that matter but I only shoot Winchester AA's or Remington STS in matches. I'm told the AMU uses STS because it consistently patterns slightly better then AA's. STS are usually $1/box more and less available at academy so I don't buy them as often.
Diva

posted via Tapatalk