Smith & Wesson is following Rugers lead...

LiveFreeorDie

Well-Known Fanatic
FWIW- I used the Ruger link the other day. Easiest thing in the world to do. The canned letter is okay but makes the point. Takes all of three minutes of your time. At least do 'something'.

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
Done

I have done this by writing my senators and representatives and I received letters from all of them.
I was disappointed by all their responses.

They are all afraid to take a firm Pro 2A stance.
Pollo poo! :evil:
Pops

Cohiba

Well-Known Fanatic
Politicans have a singular interest.
remaing a politician.
They reach this objective by raising money for campaigns. Commercials, billboards, phone call campaigns, ect. These cost money.
The campaign comes BEFORE the vote.
people supply the vote, buisness supplies the money for the campaign.
You cant draw water from the well without the rope and bucket.
So who do you think the politicians are beholden to?
The voter?
BS!
They dance with who brought them, corporations.
they support legislation that the funding corporations lobbiest tell them to support.
They vote on the bills that support the interest of the corporations that fund their campaigns, and they abstain from the votes that the public supports but contradicts the corporate interest.
As well, many times they vote on bills to earn points with other representatives who can help them in the future. As long as that bill doesnt hinder the sponsorship of their campaigns it is not of a primary concern if it goes against the publics good.
IF compainies like Ruger and S&W want to have support of congress and the senate then they should have been playing the game and pumping money into the campaigns of public officials for the last 50 years. Instead they have been pumping money into the stockholders pockets and the CEO's.
UGLY?
Yes.
But its the way of things now. It is the subatomic structure of the world of Washington politics.
To pretend it doesnt work that way is foolhardy and niave.
Consider this...
We all know how bad the obesity problem is in the US. 90% of disease comes from diet related issues. In essence most people who die, die becasue of what they ate.
But yet Soda can be bought with food stamps.
Joe Camel gets put out to pasture becasue he intices kids to smoke, but Ronald McDonald doesnt intice them to eat crap? And yet diet related issues kill more people than guns and cigs combined.
Does washington come after the Automobile makers for manufacturing sports cars that go 140 MPH? 100 times more people are injured in car wrecks than shootings.
Why? becasue FoMoCo and GM ect have lobbiest that ensure no legislation gets passed to hurt their share of the market.
Europe BANS geneticly modified foods. WHOLESALE BANS IT! Not allows it if its labeled as GMO...DOESNT ALLOW IT IN THE COUNTRY...and what do we do in the US?
Our representatives vote DOWN a bill that required food makers to label items that contained GMO's.
VOTED DOWN A BILL THAT INFORMED CONSUMERS OF A PRODUCTS ORIGIN.
Why?
Monsanto? Ya think?
So write all the letters you want. petetion. call your reps.
Who you need to call are the gun compaines. tell them to get out the checkbook and pay for some campaigns.

Latest posts