SLED process is improving

CVaper

Fanatic
Took the CWP class on Dec 28, 2013 and received my permit today.
Now I can quit worrying when I forget to disarm after leaving my business and have to run into a store or Wallyworld.

billyjoeraybob

Fanatic
That's great news! The wife and I took the class on 1/18 and I hand delivered our application packages to SLED on the morning of 1/21. Maybe just a few more weeks.

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Wife got hers back in around 30 working days. :D
I'm on working day 51 processed application on 12/13/13 no license... :evil:

We got both our Arizona permits in about 4 weeks though :shock:

Maybe I should drive to Georgia to do my inaugural wal-mart walk :lol:

t3chn1k4l

Fanatic
Took 49 days from my mailbox and back to get ours. I received mine the day after my birthday. It was the best present I got this year (besides the Bodyguard I bought myself).

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
If they keep that kind of service up, they will confuse people into thinking they actually want them to have a CWP.

billyjoeraybob

Fanatic
Well my wife got hers in the mail yesterday 44 days including weekends and 2 snow storms! Not bad SLED. Me and my buddy who took the class with us are still waiting. It's OK.... Ladies first.

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
I hit day 80 today sense processed 12/13/13 :x

4/17/13 will be 90 days not counting weekends, then it's shall issue right.

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
95 day not counting weekends. 2 more weeks and its 90 working days. Anyone know what my recourse is if not received by the 90 days? Wife got hers back over a month ago... Sent at the same time and I confirmed processing at the same time. Had my Arizona for a while too.. Processed in about 30 days

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
Recourse? I've yet to hear of anyone doing anything about the ridiculous turn around time. I've heard numerous stories of folks being forced to wait for unacceptable periods of time, and when they question SLED and say it's been more than 90 days, SLED's response is basically "nah ah". Anyone know who SLED is accountable to?

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
John Canuck said:
Recourse?

Yeah anything other than sitting and waiting following the alotted 90 days? Letter, email, office I could visit. Is it a shall issue after 90 days and if not why say 90 days at all why not 1000 or any arbitrary number. My biggest concern is that it is lost of worse stolen from the mail, will sled let me know when issued, they did at least give me a processed date.

32x20

New Fanatic
Mine showed up in right at 60 days. Better than 90, for sure, but still seems much too long after going through the same process in GA.

andyb

Active Fanatic
My permit just showed up in the mail in 44 business days, including whatever holidays and snow/ice storm days happened since I mailed it. Took the class on Sat. 2/8, dropped in the mail on Mon.-Tues. 2/10-11 can't remember which day exactly, and just showed up in my mailbox Sat. 4/12.

Latest posts