Please delete

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Can't believe you're still looking. Would think with the excess AR-15's on the market you'd be able to fill this.

pipboy344

Active Fanatic
Can't believe you're still looking. Would think with the excess AR-15's on the market you'd be able to fill this.
Been looking for years. No one has anything that isn't custom or a carbine. Really desperate. Armslist is nothing but time wasters and really obvious ATF agents trying to get me to straw purchase.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
There is one listed on Armslist. It is in Charolette, NC But it is built with a later lower, but, it is still cool...Might look at it.
Steve

pipboy344

Active Fanatic
Why would you say that? What's your inside scoop? Who's actually making them?
I've heard from people who have their hands on them that the metal quality is very hit or miss,

there's many small parts in a dark black instead of gray,

the furniture is quite brittle compared to vintage and looks & feels much different,

the barrels may or may not be correct spec depending on when it was purchased due to the company producing them set up for modern suppressors which won't let a vintage flash-hider or washer sit right,

and i've heard there's several things a collector could nitpick that would actually be extremely easy to fix that Brownell's actually sells so it seems to them like Brownells is making them pay for more parts

(i:e they all have Type-D style stocks when the A1 should have the Type-E trapdoor stock Brownells sells separately, etc.)

Brachus

New Fanatic
You may have better luck building your own clone.
That's the route I took, found a barreled XM16E1 upper at a show years ago and built a matching Nodak Spud lower.

pipboy344

Active Fanatic
You may have better luck building your own clone.
That's the route I took, found a barreled XM16E1 upper at a show years ago and built a matching Nodak Spud lower.
No desire at all to build, also don't have the time or money. The shows here have NOTHING except for the occasional heavily worn upper for $2,500 or more & sets of the terrible quality Brownells reproduction furniture, last SP1 I saw was $3,000 heavily worn with a 10 round magazine welded inside the lower from California.

Latest posts