Permitless Carry in SC (H 3025)

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
In my limited experience, this is not typical. I can only assume they figured you were a hired gun from outside SC and perhaps weren't going to acknowledge the email thinking that perhaps you were ganging up on them from the NRA or some other interest group rather than a real SC voter. I did email Senator Martin one time about the issue of implementing Constitutional Carry and he did respond. I didn't care for his response, but he did respond.

Bestoink

New Fanatic
Glad you heard back. I used my local Kingstree address. No, I'm retiring here now. A new full-time SC resident. I think maybe my email just fell flat? I was ignored. At least I did get the auto-responder from Congressman Clyburn as I just wrote him begging him not to support the "stop on-line ammunition purchases" legislation. Fat chance of him not siding with the gun grabbers, I bet.

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
Bestoink said:
At least I did get the auto-responder from Congressman Clyburn as I just wrote him begging him not to support the "stop on-line ammunition purchases" legislation. Fat chance of him not siding with the gun grabbers, I bet.

you're right. I don't believe he's supportive of the 2A at all. From what I've seen, he goes right along with the anti gun line. I'm sure you did not influence his vote on that issue. Thanks for trying though.

Although it appears that we have a lot of "staunch" defenders of the 2A here in SC, when they get to Washington, it often seems that they like to wheel and deal in their support for issues. In other words, none of them are above using their vote to get some concessions on other issues in Washington that they want to pony up on. Ex. Graham claims to be a staunch supporter of the immigration law, but last year he went to Washington and got in bed with Obama on the amnesty issue. Why? Because he was afraid he's never get a Hispanic vote going forward if he didn't support some form of a path to citizenship for illegals who are here now.

They all bear watching. They are certainly more supportive of the 2A than most of the liberal members of Congress, but they are kinda wishy washy when they need to be also.

Quick draw

New Fanatic
Re: Permit less Carry in SC (H 3025) I recently moved here from Wa. state and it is a shall issue state. That means as long as you pass the background check they ( the local sheriff) must issue you a concealed pistol permit within 30 days. This is why SC. does not reciprocate with them. It looks like this legislation will make this state a shall issue state, which would make your permit not valid in as many other states as the one we have now. I' m glad he's (the law maker) giving you the option to take the class as this gives you access to 20 states. Take that along with the Utah state class and your at 35. I'm sure the cost of either would be the same as far as the state is concerned for the background check, just the added cost of the class. So it boils down to (cost wise) $49.00 for one state Ours, $99.00 for ours and another 20 states and about $150.00 for ours and another 35 states.
It looks like if you offer a safety class, shooting and a law review more states will reciprocate, more states liken to see you trained than not. I took these classes recently and they only last about 6 hours, well worth the time for where you can carry.
I have "NOT" read the proposed legislation so the thoughts above are not 100% you judge. I also believe the more options and new rights we can create by law the better.