OKCGC 12 March Steel Challenge - N00B inbound!

Bravo1ResQ

Fanatic
Hello All,
So this Saturday is a Steel Challenge at the OKCGC according to their calendar. I missed last weekends USPSA match due to a home purchasing meeting I had previously scheduled. But this Saturday is different! I will be in attendance!
I will show up slightly before 9am to introduce myself to the range officers while I sign up etc. I plan to bring 200 rounds of ammo, kydex holster, kydex mag carriers, safety equipment etc. I will be shooting a G19 w/ 17rd mags which will put 51 rounds on my person. I think this will put me in Production limited class - am I wrong? Also, my G19 is my duty weapon and I have a weapon mounted light on it, can I keep it on there for the shoot?

Help a N00B out, what am I doing right and what am I doing wrong?

-B1R

BTW: For those that will be in attendance of this match please feel free to introduce yourself to me. I'll be wearing a "patch hat" with a white B1R patch on it and possibly a go pro camera on my head. LoL.

Bryan Hoover

Your division will be CFL. Center Fire Limited. No magazine limitations in steel challenge. It's iron sights or optics. The light doesn't make any difference either. Your class would be if your are a USPSA member and have been classified. Doesn't matter for steel challenge. Show up and have fun. Steel challenge is a great place to get started in competitive shooting and will help maintain fundamentals for the most advanced shooter.

Bravo1ResQ

Fanatic
Had a GREAT time shooting today and want to thank everyone who helped me out. I certainly missed more than I thought I would LOL. On my first stage, First Round, the buzzer went off and I cranked out five rounds pretty confidently - then "Ryan" - the timer runner guy called out three misses. I was blown away thinking in my head, "What does he mean I missed!? My front sight was on that steel, my trigger press felt great....(mental sad face)" Anyways I pressed on and got more solid on my stings and stages. I will certainly be back. The next comp I should be at is the USPSA one.

For any new shooters who see this: One take away I learned was bring more ammo. I brought 200 rounds and left with 5. I would recommend 300 rounds and two additional magazines on top of those you need to have 50 rounds on your person.

-B1R

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Bravo1ResQ said:
Had a GREAT time shooting today and want to thank everyone who helped me out. I certainly missed more than I thought I would LOL. On my first stage, First Round, the buzzer went off and I cranked out five rounds pretty confidently - then "Ryan" - the timer runner guy called out three misses. I was blown away thinking in my head, "What does he mean I missed!? My front sight was on that steel, my trigger press felt great....(mental sad face)" Anyways I pressed on and got more solid on my stings and stages. I will certainly be back. The next comp I should be at is the USPSA one.

For any new shooters who see this: One take away I learned was bring more ammo. I brought 200 rounds and left with 5. I would recommend 300 rounds and two additional magazines on top of those you need to have 50 rounds on your person.

-B1R
Ryan sucks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk