Naa 22lr

bilall

Well-Known Fanatic
My son and I both have the .22LR/.22Mag combos for backup CC. We normally use the .22 Magnum cylinder. Solid little revolver. Accuracy is good out to 10 yards for me. Very slow to reload due to having to remove the cylinder completely. Also, getting the hammer to seat in the safety slot can be tricky and requires practice. Once the hammer is seated in the safety slot, I think the revolver is very safe, since no cartridge is lined up with the hammer and barrel until you cock it.
I do not like the feel of the sidewinder version as the swing out mechanism seems weak.

Try it. It fits in my jeans watch pocket (I have the 1 5/8" barrel version.)

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the reply, I have been debating between a naa and a lcp. No really wanting to get a .380 as i already have enough .22

bilall

Well-Known Fanatic
Coincidentally, my preferred primary CC for summer weather is either an S&W Bodyguard .380 or an LCP with XTP ammo. I know the .380 is considered by many to be marginal, but I don't like to carry anything larger in summer.

The NAA mini revolver is still a nice conversation starter at the range. When I let people try it, they most always seem to like it.

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Coincidentally, my preferred primary CC for summer weather is either an S&W Bodyguard .380 or an LCP with XTP ammo. I know the .380 is considered by many to be marginal, but I don't like to carry anything larger in summer.

The NAA mini revolver is still a nice conversation starter at the range. When I let people try it, they most always seem to like it.

Yeah I want one for a range toy conversation starter. They seem really well made.

I have shot an lcp once and was just ok... If I got one I think I would find a custom model with the up graded trigger. How do you like it vs the bodyguard. I like the laser on the bodyguard but it seems a little large. The introduction of the lcp 2 is interesting as well, my have to go try one

bilall

Well-Known Fanatic
Overall, I like both pistols very much. I prefer to shoot the Bodyguard at the range. The slight added weight makes it easier to manage, and performance has been nearly flawless. The LASER switch is not ideal as it takes a second hand for me to operate, but the battery is easy to change. The iron sights on the Bodyguard are much better for me than the LCP's milled sights, but I can use either just fine.
My gut feel is that the Bodyguard will perform better over the long haul with fewer misfires, FTF, FTE, etc., but I do not have any statistics to confirm this.
Of course, you have to consider that the LCP, even the LCP2, is considerable cheaper than the Bodyguard.

Last edited: