Ladson Gun show, Sept 11 & 12

jisuho

Well-Known Fanatic
Gun show at Ladson Fairgrounds near Summerville. Not a real big show compared to others but still could find some good deals. I will be looking for some accessories. I am sure the ammo $$ will still be outrageous.

j

jisuho

Well-Known Fanatic
A good show. Crowded as heck. Ammo prices seemed lower than before but still some unreasonable vendors. Picked up a new receiver endplate and single point sling for my AR. Of course when I installed the new endplate I launched the take down detent spring into never-never land (never gong to find it). Order two from Brownell's. Got the new one installed. Shooting at Twin Ponds tomorrow. woot woot!

j

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
FYI the summerville and mt. P PSA stores have bins of common parts like that cheap. I lost a safety detent spring and a rear takedown pin spring and shipping was going to be $10 on $2 of parts… spent $3 at PSA instead.

Otherwise +1 on brownells or midwayusa.

jisuho

Well-Known Fanatic
yeah, that is what the local gs told me, too. And If I had previous plans to go out somewhere near either of the PSAs I would have stopped in. But to make a special trip would probably cost as much in gas as the Brownell shipping given I drive an old fuel INefficient Ram. So I ordered online. All is good, maybe better. If I had gone to PSA I may have spent even more $$ on stuff I wanted but not really needed.

j

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
That's funny. When I go to PSA I see almost nothing I want… old guns are drying up.

And right there with ya - I get 18mpg on a good day.

Latest posts