Huh? Huh? What did you say?

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I came across this article & it struck a nerve.
Lost the hearing in my left ear after C-19, or so I thought it was the KILLER FLU.

C-19 was a bad flu, however it could be the result of Racing Moto X & playing drums in Rock N roll bands, or gunfire & explosions without proper hearing protection. :rolleyes:

I think more & more about one very important early warning system, my hearing. My 20/20 eyesight won't do much for my aim in the dark.

What do to think? :p

Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I came across this article & it struck a nerve.
Lost the hearing in my left ear after C-19, or so I thought it was the KILLER FLU.

C-19 was a bad flu, however it could be the result of Racing Moto X & playing drums in Rock N roll bands, or gunfire & explosions without proper hearing protection. :rolleyes:

I think more & more about one very important early warning system, my hearing. My 20/20 eyesight won't do much for my aim in the dark.

What do to think? :p

Aging Old Man GIF by A&E
My hearing sucks. 43+ years in a noisy factory, loud music all the time, 357 mag Black Hawk at 12 with no hearing protection and so on and so forth.

dennishoddy

I lost most of my hearing during the years in the Army with way too much gunfire and explosions. They didn't issue hearing protection then. Been wearing different styles of hearing aids since 1975 after getting a hearing check on my wife's orders by the VA. They have been supplying them since. There are good ones and there are junk ones. Money talks and everything else walks when it comes to hearing aids. New technology is always coming out. Like the video posted by the OP, they were big and bulky back in the day, and an embarrassment to wear, but now days, I've had nurses try to check my ears during an exam and not see them. Great features, tunable by a phone for different locations and type of noises like wind, music, crowds, and so on. They will never substitute or match real hearing, but it makes one able to be functional in public and on the job.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
but it makes one able to be functional in public and on the job.
On the bright side. ;)
I am still a lot like I was as a younger man. I don't believe anything I hear & half of what I see.

So I miss much of the bitching & complaining that does me no good.
People who shout at you, & so I just wave a F-You & continue on my way.

It's great for RSO duty. When they shoot .22s I don't bother with hearing protectors.
My buddy was gifted with an $8,000 set of hearing aids. OK so what's that squeal I hear?

The can be controlled with your phone, they play music, & && wipe UR butt I suppose.
Like a Rifle scope that takes batteries. I have 0 use for them & batt operated hearing aids.

Like this :oops: batteries not included LOL.

1707042870822.png1707043102611.png

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
On the bright side. ;)
I am still a lot like I was as a younger man. I don't believe anything I hear & half of what I see.

So I miss much of the bitching & complaining that does me no good.
People who shout at you, & so I just wave a F-You & continue on my way.

It's great for RSO duty. When they shoot .22s I don't bother with hearing protectors.
My buddy was gifted with an $8,000 set of hearing aids. OK so what's that squeal I hear?

The can be controlled with your phone, they play music, & && wipe UR butt I suppose.
Like a Rifle scope that takes batteries. I have 0 use for them & batt operated hearing aids.

Like this :oops: batteries not included LOL.

View attachment 34859View attachment 34860

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I have an inexpensive set that costed me around $350-$400 if I recall correctly. They work good for me. Handy when you don't care to listen, oooops I forgot to turn them up lol.

Latest posts