Fostech, anyone?

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I was able to pick up a new, 5 lb. Fostech Flite Phantom, with an Echo AR II trigger. Rifle is made from Tungsten, hence the light weight. Can't wait to get it to the range later in the week! Anyone here have or have had one of these? I've known of them for a while, but this is the first one I've had in my hands. Likes/dislikes, good, or bad experiences? Thanks for any info!Fostech AR.jpg

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I made a mistake there! Tungsten is the COLOR of the metal, the actual metal is a mix of Magnesium and Aluminum, which, they say, produces a metal that is stronger and lighter than the Aluminum itself. I'm not sure of the finish, but I'll look around their website and see if I can find out.

Pappy

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the color too, mine are all black. At 1st glance I thought it had a 5 lb trigger pull, not that it weighed 5lbs. that's light. I've been looking at the echo trigger for my latest build but I used a carbon fiber lower and it says in the fine print you can't put that trigger in a polymer or carbon fiber lower. I have 1 AR that weighs 4.5 lbs, but it's a pistol with 5 inch 300 AAC barrel.
Can't wait for the post range review! Let us know what you think about it.

md66948

Fanatic
My son has a Fostech Magazine fed SBS that has a real nice matte stainless steel finish. It is a very nice weapon.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I was able to pick up a new, 5 lb. Fostech Flite Phantom, with an Echo AR II trigger. Rifle is made from Tungsten, hence the light weight. Can't wait to get it to the range later in the week! Anyone here have or have had one of these? I've known of them for a while, but this is the first one I've had in my hands. Likes/dislikes, good, or bad experiences? Thanks for any info!View attachment 32893
Beautiful rifle.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
UPDATE:
Got it out to the range today! What a hoot. This thing is a joy to shoot. Ran almost 200 rds. through it, with only one ftf, and on closer inspection, we think it was the case that caused the problem. It is a little iffy in the echo mode. Not a constant, smooth, 1-2 fire, it did miss a few times, seemed like the faster I tried to fan the trigger, the more it slowed down. Probably due to the fact that it is new. So far, I'd give it an 8 out of 10 in that mode. Absolutely a fun gun to shoot.
No trip to the range is complete without getting out the 1911's, so here are the three we took.
The Emissary, was new, had 50 rds through it, ran another 375, had one fff, bad round. Flawless gun, and accurate! That new Tisas, a very nice looking gun, was another joy to shoot. Only got about 100 rds, needs another 4-500 or so to break in, gonna be a really nice edc .45
The RIA, had some internals problems, caused by us, not them, a few new parts, it'll be fine.
Lastly, sighted in a new scope on my .308 precession rifle, at 300 meters. Walked it out from 100 to 300, 8 in steel at 300, job done in about 45 minutes. All in all, a GREAT range day!

3 1911s.jpg

Pappy

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the update Mike. I tried a bump fire stock once and it was fun, when you could get it to shoot at "full auto" speed. But I have an artificial elbow in my left arm and it wasn't strong enough to keep the muzzle rise down. Sounds like a great day at the range

Latest posts