Finally can carry

NGIB

Active Fanatic
Took my class on Dec 15th and mailed my application Dec 17th. I'm a GA resident but own property in SC so I had to include a form signed by the county tax assessor. Well, the permit arrived in the mail yesterday and the thing is huge. It's a laminated piece of paper that measures 2.5 x 4.25 inches after I trimmed the excess lamination. Took some doing but I found a place in my wallet that will hold it. SLED must stand for Slow Law Enforcement Division as the date of issue on the permit was Feb 28th and I get it on Apr 3rd. At least I can carry at home now like I do in GA...

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
Did you get a non-resident permit or something?

My SC permit is exact dimensions and composition as an SC drivers license. The picture is even the same. The only difference is that the border on the top is black.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
NGIB said:
Took my class on Dec 15th and mailed my application Dec 17th. I'm a GA resident but own property in SC so I had to include a form signed by the county tax assessor. Well, the permit arrived in the mail yesterday and the thing is huge. It's a laminated piece of paper that measures 2.5 x 4.25 inches after I trimmed the excess lamination. Took some doing but I found a place in my wallet that will hold it. SLED must stand for Slow Law Enforcement Division as the date of issue on the permit was Feb 28th and I get it on Apr 3rd. At least I can carry at home now like I do in GA...

Good work.

It'd be more accurate to say that you may carry. I'm pretty sure that you could physically carry a gun without a permission slip prior to 3 Apr.

*cough cough need better reciprocity, Open Carry, and Constitutional Carry cough cough*

Avtomat-Acolyte said:

My SC permit is exact dimensions and composition as an SC drivers license. The picture is even the same. The only difference is that the border on the top is black.

The non-resident permits are huge. They are actually supposed to be credit card sized by either statute or regulation but SLED claims they can't figure out how to make that happen. Non-residents get big hand-laminated cards that look like a third grader slapped them together during arts & crafts time and that are a PITA to carry. Regulations are just for the little people to follow apparently. :?

NGIB

Active Fanatic
Avtomat-Acolyte said:

I have homes in GA and SC and I'm a GA resident so it's a non-resident permit. My son's (he's a SC resident) looks just like the drivers license...