Federal Bill Watch

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
This is really depressing. Every bill opposed by the NAGR was sponsored by a Democrat. Why don't the Dems just leave everybody alone? I am sick to death of the government trying to tell me what to do with my life.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
I think by the sheer number of laws they are trying to make everyone a criminal. And by the oppressive regulation put everyone in the unemployment line. But to what end? Makes no sense.

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
the only end is more power and control. Think about the Dem's approach in general. The average citizen is too stupid to figure things our for themselves, therefore the government needs to enact laws, rules and regulations to protect them. And in so doing, the government also needs to tell them that they need the help of big brother to make it through this world. Most of the sheeple accept this premise without question because it is the easiest route and the path of least resistance. Sad state of affairs.

What truly confuses me is what the police and military are trying to accomplish out in St. Louis by merely standing by and watching all the looting going on without attempting to put a stop to it. What does that say to the average citizen? Sends a message that crime and lawlessness will be tolerated, so don't worry if you engage in it because society probably isn't going to do anything to stop you.

This nation is doomed under the present administration. I only hope we survive until the next presidential election, and that some candidate can emerge that stands for less government interference in our lives and supports the rule of law more.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
bigfutz said:
I think by the sheer number of laws they are trying to make everyone a criminal. And by the oppressive regulation put everyone in the unemployment line. But to what end? Makes no sense.

?There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.?

The good news is that most of these bills are in the House and have thus approximately zero chance of ever seeing the light of day.

For our gun owning friends who lean Democrat, we really need you to start voting in primaries. I'd like the 2A to be a bipartisan issue. It is not good for gun owners in the long run to become a partisan football, to be thrown a few scraps by one party which is "not as bad as the other guy." I'd prefer to have genuine pro-2A bipartisan support.

Democratic voters who value their 2A votes need to punish their gun grabbers in primaries.

Tom

Active Fanatic
It is time for the GOP to step up to the plate, but just watch, they won't.

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh, well, if you can't take the guns away, why not go after anything else related to them..............

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Rob Bishop (R-UT) introduced H.R. 2710, the ?Lawful Purpose and Self Defense Act of 2015.?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... exemption/

Eliminate ATF?s authority to reclassify popular rifle ammunition as ?armor piercing ammunition.? The federal law governing armor piercing ammunition was passed by Congress to target handgun projectiles, but BATFE has used the law to ban common and popular rifle ammunition, as it recently attempted with M855/SS109 5.56?45 ammunition.

Provide for the lawful importation of any non-NFA firearm or ammunition that may otherwise be lawfully possessed and sold within the United States. BATFE has used the current discretionary ?sporting purposes? standard to deny the importation of firearms that would be perfectly legal to manufacture, sell, and possess in the United States.

Protect shotguns, shotgun shells, and certain rifles from arbitrary classification as ?destructive devices.? Classification as a destructive device subjects a firearm to the registration and taxation provisions of the National Firearms Act (NFA) and creates a ban on possession of such firearms in some states.

Broaden the temporary interstate transfer provision to allow temporary transfers for all lawful purposes rather than just for ?sporting purposes.?