CWP vision requirement

wetdog1911

Fanatic
Wild that SC is the only state with a vision requirement, but I have a question.

Is the 20/40 requirement for both eyes? I run into this with my DL since I have scar tissue on one eye (20/200), but normal vision in the other. A vision form from the DMV and filled out by the eye doc is fine for the DL, but no clue with the CWP.

Anyone have a similar situation with their vision? The question never came up in Fl. Basically being one eyed, vision wise.

Did some searching on the State site and can't find any place to ask. Just says to include the info from the eye doc with the application. I'd really like to find out before I start spending $$$$ that I'm not wasting time or money.

Thanks!

Wet

mark_b

Well-Known Fanatic
As long as you have a drivers license, you are good to go. Here is the law from the SLED website:

(4) proof of actual or corrected vision rated at 20/40 within six months of the date of application or, in the case of a person licensed to operate a motor vehicle in this State, presentation of a valid driver?s license;

When you fill out your application, just attach a copy of your drivers license as required. That signifies that your vision is good enough to drive and carry concealed. The actual CWP application form does not ask anything about proof of vision.

wetdog1911

Fanatic
mark_b said:
As long as you have a drivers license, you are good to go. Here is the law from the SLED website:

(4) proof of actual or corrected vision rated at 20/40 within six months of the date of application or, in the case of a person licensed to operate a motor vehicle in this State, presentation of a valid driver?s license;

When you fill out your application, just attach a copy of your drivers license as required. That signifies that your vision is good enough to drive and carry concealed. The actual CWP application form does not ask anything about proof of vision.

Thank You so much!!!!!!

My keyboard got knocked out right after I posted and couldn't reply till now.

That is exactly the information that I was looking for. I go through this every time I renew my license and no big deal with the DMV. But SLED ... ????????

Now, I'll get the process started.

Wet

UC ... Apparently SC is the only state with a vision requirement for a CWP. 20/40

Latest posts