CC on Wheels

RampDog

Fanatic
I'm wondering if anyone else here may have the same problem. Carrying while wheelchair bound. I've yet to find a rig that works comfortably yet conceals properly.

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
RampDog said:
I'm wondering if anyone else here may have the same problem. Carrying while wheelchair bound. I've yet to find a rig that works comfortably yet conceals properly.

Depends on the reason for the chair. You would have to be careful not to compromise skin integrity and restricted access in a stressed situation or in the instance your position is interrupted. I would look into some custom kydex formed to where is easiest accessed with the a for mentioned above considered. Google Wilder tactical holsters he's an sc guy may be able to help out.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
You might consider a Sneaky Pete type concealed container. Hide in plain sight and easy to mount. If you need to transfer, merely cover with jacket or shirt as you remove firearm and move from chair or take the Sneaky Pete with you.

RampDog

Fanatic
Dayman - I've already run into that problem. I usually carry open on my hip right now or with a light jacket concealing the holster. It's definitely not the most advantageous place to carry. I had to remove the side rails from the chair to allow access to my gun. I'll definitely check out Wilson Tactical holsters. Hopefully they'll have something.

Avtomat - Shoulder rigs would work but for two problems. In the summer I'd have to wear a jacket (too hot) and the shoulder rig tends to bind under my arm, scraping my skin. I wouldn't consider an ankle holster. I would need to bend over to get to it and that could easily cause me to topple from my chair. Not a position one wants to be in when the bad guys are around.

Dave - My problem with mounting a holster to the chair is if I'm knocked out of it I lose my gun. Someone could walk up behind me and shove me out of the chair. So there I am on the ground with nothing to defend myself with.

Thanks for the responses, guys. It isn't an easy problem to figure out.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
You could mount carrier to your body. Many people would simply assume it a carrier for morphine or insulin pump. I have had patients use this method.

Dave

jaybird

Active Fanatic
Maybe wear a holster on the opposite side of your belt, body, to provide a cross- draw way of gun access.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
Crossdraw or shoulder rig. Maybe pocket carry, depending on where your pockets are, but that really only works for small guns.

Sorry. :(

RampDog

Fanatic
Dayman said:
Sorry had to edit my first post that was supposed to be wilder tactical holsters

Thanks! Wilder Tactical Holsters. I'll check them out.

jaybird said:
Maybe wear a holster on the opposite side of your belt, body, to provide a cross- draw way of gun access.

I had thought about the crossdraw holster. Now to find one that fits properly.

BenMara said:

Thanks! I'll check them out.

Red Hat

Well-Known Fanatic
I usually carry my Kahr PM45 or my PM40. Sometimes I carry one of them IWB then carry my Kahr P380 in my cargo pocket.

RampDog

Fanatic
I suppose it would be. But have you ever sat on a .45? Pretty uncomfortable and makes it hard to get to the gun quickly.

Latest posts