Carry a Knife for Personal Defense; When will you Use it?

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I would find it interesting to hear from those that carry a knife for personal defense, when they would use it. And more importantly, how. Any training? How much training and what kind of knife would you elect to use?

Mike A

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Some people are knife people, yet the old saying ( He brought a knife to a Gunfight ) rings loud & true.
I can't cut things with my 1911 like a knife, yet I still carry one.

My knife is black with a parkerized blade & opens with a button. It's only 3.5" folded but it opens fast as it is drawn from my nylon belt
holder. No name, it was made by White Wolf Custom knives & is plain & dark just like a hide out knife should be.

I would use it as a weapon if it's all I could get too. I took a course on how to use my Ek knife in a combat setting a long time ago in service.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't carry a knife for defense, sorry to say that I have not trained to use one in self defense either but would not hesitate to use the one I do carry if need be if that was my last resort!.
oh and by the way I carry a purple Loconico Keen!
Picture found on internet but this is the exact knife I carry daily
23342CE9-7BA9-445B-B5FC-5B5AB06F66B5.jpeg

Castroj

Fanatic
I carry a big knife for when I can't carry a gun. Example an event where it is posted no guns allowed. So when going out after the event to my vehicle I have a chance at self defense should it happen. Yet, you must be alert of your surrounding!

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I always carry a knife…..no exceptions.
I have had a small amount of training, but I need more.

I generally carry a ZT or a Spyderco. I did get a OTF recently, it's really cool. Not that great of a utility knife, but a super stabber/slasher.

When will I use it? When I have to defend and have no other choice. The tactical pens are worth looking into as well

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a ZT 0300 switched to a Grayman Satu now that is another beastly knife!! 10oz and 9.875" of titanium carbon fiber and s30v steel

I do still have a carbon fiber ZT0350 though, great size for a carry knife.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a knife (Benchmade Infidel) on me and often in my hand, as I walk from my car to a certain building I have to frequent in the middle of the night. It's not in the greatest part of town and if I get jumped, no way I can get to my carry gun in time. I have some training, but have a very intimate knowledge of the human anatomy.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I have carried a knife most every day since 8-9 years old it is a daily tool to me mostly either a fixed blade or folder lock blade when the laws changed I got an auto OTF cheap one that changed my preference on carrying all the others not in my desk the OTF is the most useful I have ever carries and even a bargain brand had worked every time and never let me down, I am sold on the OTF versions now it is a Lightning brand in carbon steel I finally found one not stainless. I never dreamed I would trust it like I do so they just work at a low price.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I always have at least 1 knife on me. Be lost without it

Prior to laws changing I had an Infidel, great and useful knife, it got traded away as my limited understanding of the laws at that time made me nervous. Wish I still had it and may get another. I do have an auto flipper and much prefer the OTF variety.

Latest posts