Alpha Foxtrot 1911 Issues

davidv

Fanatic
I feel bad but will never have these problems… I buy Wilson Combat and Springfield Armory, all of my 1911's are from these two companies. I don't believe in buying Chinese knives or Korean or Turkish guns precisely for this reason - limited access to the company and a completely u known future for support.

Skyviking

Fanatic
I got the check last week. It's all cleared and done. I feel it's a shame the company that owns AF is so sketchy. They really do make a fine firearm. I have the little double stack 9mm they sell and other than being chambered pretty tight I really like it. I just can't get it to feed my coated practice rounds unless I load them real short. It feeds my self defense rounds just fine. After the encounter with customer service I am not sure about them. The DID do everything they said the would eventually. I think they have ONE person here in the states handling their problems. They did admit on the phone to me that they got the optic cut wrong on the 10mm. I noticed these are still in stock and being sold. Not sure if they were fixed or not.
The guns are made in the far east, South Korea. Things are different over there. Less scruples when it comes to business I think. Maybe they are attempting to do the right thing but here in the US it's more about customer service. They will definitely need to up their game a bit to succeed here. I am happy to say that it worked out for me after a bit of a fight.
WTH? You paid major $$ for a POS 1911 and it took you how long to get your money back (VERY Lucky), then you say they "make a fine firearm"?? It would seem more realistic to say that they have a fine 1911 firearm concept, but their execution is miserable.

The only single-stack 1911s worth the money are: Springfield Armory, Colt, Dan Wesson, Nighthawk Custom, and Wilson Combat. . The five makers listed make excellent pistolas and back them with customer service and warranties. Everything else is a "project pistol" on which you will quickly spend more dollars than you thought you saved by buying some "bargain" off-brand.

davidv

Fanatic
The problem seems to be the management not where they are made. If you cant easily get in touch with them when theres a problem, then customers will complain and new sales will suffer.
100% correct - if the US arm reports to the Korean arm of the company and neither return calls efficiently - the market will take care of them.

Latest posts