Zero for Nordic 22 Upper

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
What distance are you zeroed for if you are shooting your Nordic 22 upper in matches that allow rimfire rifle?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Steve, I think it's going to depend on what type of matches you plan on shooting with it.
I set mine up for 20-25 yds. I use mine mostly for steel challenge & this zero also makes it fast for any of the other pistol bay matches we may have here locally. I shot mine in the high plains shooting challenge last year where there were shots out to 100 & didn't have any issues. I knew my hold over at that dist. & it was all good. If you're wanting to shoot it in mostly long (ish) range matches set it up for that. Again, just take a minute to decide what you're wanting to do with it & practice at various distances.

They're awsome pieces of equipt. & you're going to be very happy with it.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I zeroed my 16" Nordic upper at 25 yards with the EOtech. I get good accuracy with this setup easily out to 100 yards and can get hits out to 200 and 300 yards with the proper hold over.

When I first started setting that rifle up I tried several different kinds of ammo and got drastically differnet accuracy with each kind. The interesting thing at that point was the the cheapest Federal bulk pack ammo was the most accurate and runs perfectly. I tried more expensive ammo first and was very disappointed. I ran this setup at the laast USSA multigun match and did very well with it. I am very happy with the Nordic's performance.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Federal Bulk for me too. Fantastic consistency & only 1 failure to date (the round would not chamber) after thousands of rounds.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Thanks guys. I'll do 25 yds. Glad to hear Federal bulk is good in them, cause that's what I have the most of.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
I tried a 25m & 50m zero and got the best results at 25m. I think my hold at 300 was right at 14 mils....

CCI bulk stuff runs great in them, too. There seems to be a lot of that on the shelves these days. Stay away from the Remington Golden Bullet HPs. I have yet to see them run properly in an auto gun.

Latest posts