Youth Gun Season: Murphy's First strike 2011 season

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Friday afternoon I was set up in a stand just 25 yards inside the woods from a soybean field along a good trail. I got out there early and was in the tree and the sweat was tried off me by 4:00 pm. I was certain I would arrow a deer that evening.

At 5:15 a young boy and his Pop go past me along the bean field. They flush a big covey of quail and two birds fly right over my head, so close I felt the wind of their wing beats. I thought, "wow, I must be really hard to see." The hunters were unaware I was there. Hind sight later told me that I should have called out to them.

10 -15 minutes later a shot rings out about qbout 200 yards up the trail from me. An hour later a second shot. I then hear the boy yelling. He had just shot his second deer and tagged out that evening.

They walked back to the truck and this time passed close to my stand so I haled them. Of course my "Hey" startled the crap out of them. tee-hee. The youngster told me his story. he shot two deer, the second a good buck. His Pop acts incredulous and I congratulate the boy.

Funny, how I almost had set up my stand right about where those two blaze orange bedecked guys went, but chose to be closer to the trail where it exited into the bean field.

So that is why its called hunting and not shopping for venison. It's going to be another interesting deer season.

Tally Ho!

Kevin

dennishoddy

Good story. :D
I'll bet it did scare the crap out of them. HaHa!
I just happen to be in my tree stand as we speak for the first time this season. Lovin it.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Good story. :D
I'll bet it did scare the crap out of them. HaHa!
I just happen to be in my tree stand as we speak for the first time this season. Lovin it.
Dennis, you need to turn off that contraption and enjoy nature. There is plenty of time to check your email after the hunt.

Latest posts