Working church security tonight.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I can't see the attachment. Can you share again?

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
Love the gun! What are the details?

Is that holster comfy in the appendix position? It seems like the mag would print given there is no wedge or wing on it. It also looks like it will tilt backward given the weight of the mag (mine do when I use my Dan Wesson Valor or Glock 21).

If you're going to do security, at least be a little bit serious about it. Where's your spare mag? You should probably put an IFAK on the belt or ankle, at least one spare mag somewhere, and a church communications device. We were issued headsets at my church when we went on shift.

Last edited:

45 Ralph

Well-Known Fanatic
It shoots fine. The way it's set up, is the way I like it. I carry it with a flush mag. The extended one is my back up. Red Hill Tactical holster carry strong side. Very serious about security always have been. Retired LEO.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Love the gun! What are the details?

Is that holster comfy in the appendix position? It seems like the mag would print given there is no wedge or wing on it. It also looks like it will tilt backward given the weight of the mag (mine do when I use my Dan Wesson Valor or Glock 21).

If you're going to do security, at least be a little bit serious about it. Where's your spare mag? You should probably put an IFAK on the belt or ankle, at least one spare mag somewhere, and a church communications device. We were issued headsets at my church when we went on shift.
OK for the dumb question, what's an IFAK...I know I'm going to regret asking...so go ahead & give me crap for asking...
I went to a Glock 30s for the church security detail. And yes radios are a must.

Mike Flood

Fanatic
Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK): For gun shot wounds to stop the bleeding. Medpacksusa (Happy Jack Az) builds them for anyone in need. Lubbock Texas Sheriff Dept just got 15 more kits for the new vehicles coming into service. Our Church had Medpacksusa build us a serious major kit with many tourniquets and quick clot agent for bleed outs for use by nurses, ex military, law enforcement ect . in the congregation. JP

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
Just keep one of those small hiking back packs around. Put some supplies in there if the church does not have any. Dragging tons of stuff around can be a pain if it is not on a belt. Request that the church acquire 20 of them and issue them at the start of the shift so all 20 stay onsite.

I do recommend building two kits yourself. One should be on a battle belt and the other "mobile".

Last edited: