Winchester announces price increase on ammo & components.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
People have been gouging all year . Primers a year ago averaged $40 per thousand . Cheapest I've seen lately , $125.00 per thousand . Winchester saw what the market will bear thanks to the gougers who Winchester was not gouging . Same goes for ammo . This won't end till people say enough is enough and quit hording , let supply catch up .

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
Price increase don't mean much when the stuff never gets to the shelf .

I know that exec did a nice video about why supply is so short . But it just doesn't add up to me . I think there's more to the ' shortage' than new gun owners , hoarders and the like .

Anyone who doesn't believe some degree of conspiracy here, has never went through employee performance calibrations with Human Resources.

Last edited:

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I see the 20 round box of 7.62X51mm white trash, AKA Winchester white box LOL
over $1.00 a round for nasty cracking win brass & a steel jacket 30 cal 149gr barrel buster.

Remember the head stamp on the 5.56 NATO with all the Calcium Carbonate that
screwed up you M-16? I would rather use Wolf than Winchester any day.

Answer me this where are the Russian primers & reloading componants & the ammo???

Ill' say it out loud! Some ones in the illegal US Government is behind this whole damn thing!
The US ammo Mfgs are only loyal to the Green $ GOD $ not who pays them.
The Commies have been telling us forever that to take your ammo is to take your guns. Now we know fer sure.

Easy to see how & when it all happened, now starts the gun banning to get your attention.
The total confiscation & the repeal of the 2nd Amendment, then a Police state.

History does not lie. We have seen this before in other countries yet did nothing to the Communist
taking control of America. Someday there will be another group of Forefathers & it all starts again.

We all live in a very interesting country. An old Chinese curse.

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
ugh...this upcoming year is gonna suck for those who have to purchase....at least it's only "25%" and not "100%", LOL....although all these dipsheet "middlemen" commercially and on GB and other retail outlets don't seem to care and will continue to charge exorbitant prices....F'in gougers....

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
To help my kids out they're all getting ammo in their Easter baskets this year!! Boys n girls alike they all shoot and have ccw's! I have more expendable income than they do and I need them all to continue to shoot so they're prepared!!

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
Good time to raise prices are during the worst times of supply vs demand as people just want ammo. This time things are not going to return to normal as we knew it.

woodlands747

Well-Known Fanatic
It's real simple for me. I just stopped shooting. Many other things to do.
Haven't bought ammo in well over a year and won't anytime soon at these prices. It's insane. Kinda like paying $10K for a Covid vaccine when you can get it for free.
If things were as they were I would be buying more guns, grips, holsters, parts, etc.
So for now that's all come to a screeching halt. I could afford to pay the prices but refuse to.

I have what I need. Not the multiple cases of each caliber stashed just because "I gotta have them" as many do.

I have to believe that if things stay as they are that more and more people will stop buying as well. Except of course those that just don't care what the price of ammo is....they are going to go shoot come he11 or high water. Doesn't matter if they need to....it's just an obsession.

Long term it will have an effect I believe. The new shooters will get burned out eventually.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
Good time to raise prices are during the worst times of supply vs demand as people just want ammo. This time things are not going to return to normal as we knew it.
They saw the prices the middlemen were charging . Winchester is a for profit corporation with a board of directors and a CEO . Stores charging $45.00 per box before manufacturers raised prices are the real gougers .

woodlands747

Well-Known Fanatic
When I went in to GT Distributors in October they were selling 9mm 124gr Lawman for $13.99 and Blazer Brass 124gr for $12.99. Not too bad at the time. Everywhere you looked online was $30 plus and now way worse than that. You can't tell me that distributors and retailers aren't the price gougers. I will not support them.

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
It is hard to believe new gun owners are buying up that much ammo , usually a new be is happy with a box or two , It takes being a owner for a while to see the wisdom in having a meaningful supply . I agree with Rooster there is something else going on !

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
Price increase don't mean much when the stuff never gets to the shelf .

I know that exec did a nice video about why supply is so short . But it just doesn't add up to me . I think there's more to the ' shortage' than new gun owners , hoarders and the like .

Anyone who doesn't believe some degree of conspiracy here, has never went through employee performance calibrations with Human Resources.
I know exactly what your talking about with regards to employees , only ours were called [employee evaluations and goal setting !]

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
I know exactly what your talking about with regards to employees , only ours were called [employee evaluations and goal setting !]
When I got to the point in my career that I had to represent my people in the 'human resource review,' it was them that I realized my work was only as good as my boss's ability to sell it . Often times I'd see people get derailed by here say and 'impressions' executives (who were not in the room ) communicated through HR. It's pretty hard to address an allegation when the person isn't there so you can challenge it or Refute it. I've seen promising careers get crushed with words like ' so and so doesn't like their body language'. In other words , someone behind the curtain was making the call to push their agenda.

Who is behind the curtain manipulating supplies to this extreme? The agenda is pretty clear .

EXPD

Fanatic
I saw Federal HST 230gr .45acp for sale yesterday a ammo warehouse for $2.25 a round for a box of 20 and over $100 for a box of 50

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
It is hard to believe new gun owners are buying up that much ammo , usually a new be is happy with a box or two , It takes being a owner for a while to see the wisdom in having a meaningful supply . I agree with Rooster there is something else going on !

Everyone of the new Gun owners I meet & talk with when I'm on RSO duty just want a box or two of rounds not cases of 5.56 or 7.62 X 39.
To be honest all the guys & guys I have known over them years who are regular shooters are not looking to buy Guns or ammo right now.
They the older shooters have it & won't sell it or shoot it just a wait and see for now.