Wilson Combat to the rescue

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
this past weekend, I shot my beloved SPEC OPS 9 and was having such a great time with it--per usual. It is my favorite Wilson Combat. I was lucky enough to get one the year they discontinued this model( the EDCX 9 is its replacement--kind of). Anyway upon field stripping and cleaning it, I notice a tiny through and through crack in the left hand rail at the back of the slide stop insertion hole. My heart sank. I KNEW WC would do what they could for me BUT I did not know if I would ever see this prized gun again. Also was wondering if it was repairable. I did not think they could replace it as it was discontinued in 2015

Kent is their CS rep now and per usual-- WC is standing by the gun. I am returning it and he is trying to find a replacement FRAME for me. fingers crossed that he can get one.

Just wanted to relate how great WC CS is and how they are going out of their way for me to make this right. Luckily some things NEVER seem to change.

Pappy

Well-Known Fanatic
I am fortunate to live close by and get to go see them from time to time, they are a great bunch of people.
when I discovered my wc .936 gas block did not fit my custom Blackhole Weaponry Barrel, they were quick to fix it. while their guns are out of my price range, their parts are not. I use Wilson Combat parts in my AR builds and have a WC bulletproof ejector in my Para Elite Officer 1911. the best part is when I need a WC part, I go and get it, no waiting for shipping.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Some yrs back I got my CQB 1911 the 2nd day THE FRONT SIGHT CAME OFF! in a match on a Saturday, I called them at 8am Monday and was told to same day air it to them got a call Tuesday it was replaced and on it's way back, got it and shot it Wed am at work, Perfect and got a box full of goodies with it, a week later I got a check for my end of the shipping and calls for 2 weeks in a row checking if all was ok with it. Only STI I thought had service like that the best ever.

RStone

Well-Known Fanatic
My collection of Wilson Combat firearms keeps growing. Any problems beyond good maintenance they will ask to have it sent back for the gunsmiths to look at. Usually within the week the gun is on its way back. Great people to deal with.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
John Lahue is my CS rep at Wilson combat.

His service has been above and beyond any expectation for over twenty years. He has made every experience I have had with Wilson Combat easy and a pleasure.

** and Bill and Ryan have also been very responsive and generous in doing custom work (on reasoned request) that is now outside of their standard semi production menu

Latest posts