Why 1911's?

Big Biscuit

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry I had to cut off his water at 30 seconds in by sending him an invitation to be the key note speaker at my funeral.

If I don't have to hear him drone on till then, all's well.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
IMG_20201005_133856513.jpg

Less than 10 years before, Betsy's Sister, was spitting lead out at rates that got the US Army's attention :eek: & she likes Big Booolets 2 they ( US Army ) said.
Born in 1917 Betsy saw some Hell in her time in service but when we met it was love at first sight, She has her org. shoes they cost me $90.00 extra but U know girls & their shoes. ;) From 1917 to 2011 Betsy is my 1st &&&>>

Yes I did prepare, bead blast & Parkerize Betsy!! So she will look her best on my chest, as we go to meet our Maker ;) Knot 4 sale ever !!!

Why do I love the 1911? Who knows? just read all the others reasons & I think you will get it very very soon. :D

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
The 1911 is THE genius design from a true firearm genius. It is timeless and all other (lessor) semiautomatic handguns heavily borrow from it. John Moses Browning had talent that was a gift from God himself and he used it to create a weapon that played a big part in winning two world wars that were fought for righteous reasons. No other weapon in the world served so long with such tremendous valor. The 1911 is also truly a work of fine art. There's nothing like metal and wood coming together to form a 1911 pistol. It feels great in the hand and if it's ever needed to defend you or yours, it will simply do the job superbly.

How's that?

shotgun2002

Fanatic
My 1911 is like an old dependable friend, it fits my hand and my mind. It has been in battle with me and always performed when needed. I have been told shooting a firearm is 20% skills and practice but 80% mental. Knowing your weapon and yourself will give you the ability to survive any encounter.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Why a 1911?

My dad carried it in WWII. My maternal uncles carried it in both WWII and Korea. My older brothers-in-law carried it in Vietnam. And... I qualified on it in USCG bootcamp back in the late 70's!

It's just one of those handguns that "spoke" to me, if that makes any sense. It's like, I understood it. Years later after bootcamp, I decided to study the 100+ year old design concept, and immediately formed a strong bond with it. It is (arguably) the only handgun that I can fully disassemble, clean/lubricate, and reassemble, and have it back in 100% fully operational condition in a matter of minutes!

Sure, sure, there is 9mm, 40cal, .38 special, and numerous other "flavors" of calibers, by numerous manufacturers.... But there is only one 1911-A1 .45 ACP! :cool:

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
My 1911 is like an old dependable friend, it fits my hand and my mind. It has been in battle with me and always performed when needed. I have been told shooting a firearm is 20% skills and practice but 80% mental. Knowing your weapon and yourself will give you the ability to survive any encounter.
Agreed. My ole 45's fit me, and are reliable. I will never feel the need to double tap either. OoRah

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
The 1911 is THE genius design from a true firearm genius. It is timeless and all other (lessor) semiautomatic handguns heavily borrow from it. John Moses Browning had talent that was a gift from God himself and he used it to create a weapon that played a big part in winning two world wars that were fought for righteous reasons. No other weapon in the world served so long with such tremendous valor. The 1911 is also truly a work of fine art. There's nothing like metal and wood coming together to form a 1911 pistol. It feels great in the hand and if it's ever needed to defend you or yours, it will simply do the job superbly.

How's that?
It served 2 world wars and at least 2 more "Police Actions" though the one I attended I can't say I ever issued a speeding or parking ticket. However the one I had did see much mud, rain. swamp and other such indignities. She performed flawlessly each time I asked her to. "1911 never enter combat without one". Peace.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
It served 2 world wars and at least 2 more "Police Actions" though the one I attended I can't say I ever issued a speeding or parking ticket. However the one I had did see much mud, rain. swamp and other such indignities. She performed flawlessly each time I asked her to. "1911 never enter combat without one". Peace.
I really like my 1911's. I also like my p226 & p225 Digs.

Latest posts