Why 1911Fanatics should be your new home!

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
With so many forums out there, why should this new 1911 forum be the place for you?

We focus on content, not advertisements.
We don't sell your privacy!

We are 1911 Fanatics just like you - from making the start 1911's to ordering our first custom built piece...we've done it all.

We like simplicity, again focused on things that matter for building a community about John Moses Browning best piece.

We hope you consider staying a while - telling a bit about your favorite pieces, and making friends here with us.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
None of mine are anywhere near high end guns but I do like talking about 1911s, looking at pictures of 1911s, talking about 1911s...

The latest that I just bought today; a bare bones Colt 1911 Government that I have been collecting parts for over the last year. My plan is for a retro look with arched MSH with lanyard loop, small shelf thumb safety, wide spur hammer... all parts checkered, including slide stop and mag release. Checkered trigger (WW2 USGI style)

This is what I am starting with.

CB84375A-E190-4317-B1DF-DE9E5DD5DDA2.jpeg
CD5163FA-CE0D-4B22-8DE3-69BCBB093871.jpeg

WC145

Well-Known Fanatic
With so many forums out there, why should this new 1911 forum be the place for you?

We focus on content, not advertisements.
We don't sell your privacy!

We are 1911 Fanatics just like you - from making the start 1911's to ordering our first custom built piece...we've done it all.

We like simplicity, again focused on things that matter for building a community about John Moses Browning best piece.

We hope you consider staying a while - telling a bit about your favorite pieces, and making friends here with us.
I'm all for new places to hang out but has there been an issue with the Addicts forum that I'm not aware of that prompted the start of this new, and similar, forum?

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm all for new places to hang out but has there been an issue with the Addicts forum that I'm not aware of that prompted the start of this new, and similar, forum?
The one thing I have noticed is Addicts has gotten very busy/more members of late. Sometimes that is good, and sometimes that is bad. More people, by definition, more [email protected]

WC145

Well-Known Fanatic
The one thing I have noticed is Addicts has gotten very busy/more members of late. Sometimes that is good, and sometimes that is bad. More people, by definition, more [email protected]
I've noticed that myself, there has been a huge influx of new members over the last 6-8 months. One of the reasons I've enjoyed the Addicts forum was the amount of knowledgeable people with lots of 1911 experience, particularly higher end and custom guns, and the lack of total beginners. There are plenty of them on the Defensive Carry forum, The Firing Line, etc., and you see the same questions and the same types of questions over and over and over and we are starting to see more of that on Addicts. I like being able to have discussions with people that have some idea of what they're talking about.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Some have requested a chatroom - this has been added, just please keep it semi-clean.

1911Fanatics is going to be pickier about a lot of things...really going to focus on the content, and specialty 1911s.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Some have requested a chatroom - this has been added, just please keep it semi-clean.

1911Fanatics is going to be pickier about a lot of things...really going to focus on the content, and specialty 1911s.
I’m playing in the chat room for the first time.

When you say “pickier” what are you referring to? Rules, content, comments? Kind like a heads up on what’s not allowed

Raylan Givens

Well-Known Fanatic
The only way to completely police who infiltrates a forum is to not tell anyone about it, make the financial price to join too high, or only give a secret password to certain people. Now that the cats out of the bag this place will eventually become what Addicts is. May take a while but it'll happen.

Without doing the above you'll just have to ban everyone and start acting like the guy on 1911forum.com

If you want to keep something covert, don't put it on the internet. As the old saying goes. Three can keep a secret if two are dead.

Last edited:

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I just hope this place doesn’t get the influx of trailer trash that Addicts got.
I don’t know if I would go as far as yo say trailer trash, there are a lot of quality people over on addicts. I’m just sitting back here to see what people post. I just plan to post when and where I have something useful to say or add, I think that’s kind of the idea here.

Raylan Givens

Well-Known Fanatic
I don’t know if I would go as far as yo say trailer trash, there are a lot of quality people over on addicts. I’m just sitting back here to see what people post. I just plan to post when and where I have something useful to say or add, I think that’s kind of the idea here.
There are a few people I know who live in trailers which I would rather be around than the ones who make fun of them. Just like the many without a high school diploma who make those with degrees look like dumb asses.

There's a difference between not liking a certain set of people for a valid reason, as opposed to not liking humans at all. If you're the latter, the internet isn't for you.

Latest posts