Who here has a 9mm suppressor on their AR

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
So I think I'm gonna jump into the Class 3 pool. I was originally going to order a AAC Ti-rant but now leaning towards a Liberty. That way if I ever build a .300 I can use it for both rifles. Anyone care to give me some input. I'm a total Class 3 noob.

Also is there a ideal barrel length for 9mm AR? IIRC 11" is needed for 556 due to prevent baffle strikes. I plan to SBR it at the same time.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Mine had a 5" barrel on it.
Barrel length doesn't mean shite on blowback rifles in pistol calibers.

Really old crappy picture, but it's the only one I could find at the moment.

Attachments

• 100_0265.jpg
    100_0265.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 18

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
One of my customers just finished his 9mm SBR. He runs his YHM Cobra 9 on it under his handguard much like old Matt in the post above. Running 147gr Subsonics is SICK!! The choices for a good 9mm can are pretty open. The Octane, Ti-Rant, Tundra would all be good for this set up.

I would not run a 9mm pistol supressor on a rifle caliber (300BLK). Most are not designed for the increased pressure.

charger arms

cajunautoxer said:
With the Liberty Mystic even though it's a pistol suppressor they day it's okay to shoot 300 as long as it's subsonic
The day will come when you want to use one on a 300 WInMag or a 30-30.
I would just be worried that I would slip up and put a standard velocity round in and have a really bad day at the range. Isn't the difference between subsonic and standard just a few grains of powder?

(just playing Mr Safety)

charger arms

cajunautoxer said:
You mean just one can won't do? Sounds like a slippery slope this stamp thing

Sometimes I think being strung out on cocaine would be cheaper. But yes, the .22 suppressor is the gateway drug to the NFA stamp collecting.

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
The threads are different on 9mm barrels to rifle 223 barrels so you can't stuff up and put a 223supressor on a 9mm rifle unless you have had it threaded aftermarket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts