Who has a boat?

dennishoddy

Currently I'm in a transition zone when it comes to boats.
In the 80's I went on the semi-pro fishing circuit. Bought an 82 Broncho, and had a custom painted Ranger Bass boat with a 200hp Mariner, to match the Broncho. Did the tour thing for a year. I just didn't have enough money/sponsors to continue.(code for not being a good enough fisherman) Retired the boat and truck to everyday use.
I still have the boat, and will sell it this spring. Now I want a 14' aluminum boat with trailer. Currently content to find a shady place to dunk a minnow, or throw some lures. Ripping around the lake at 70mph plus is behind me. Got a good motor, so a boat and trailer is what I want. I'd take one with a motor at a good price though.
I have a square stern canoe for real shallow water. 16' Lowe, running a 55lb thrust Minn Kota trolling motor.

What are your guys running around the lake?

dennishoddy

I've got a 20 ft Charger with a 200hp Johnson on it. It really takes the rough water well.

We were doing a tourny at Grand lake once when some 60 mph winds came through. The area we were in (north of monkey island) is over 100 feet deep.
It was like huge surf in the ocean! The waves were way above us.
Accelerate to the top, feather the throttle, and trim to fall down the back of the wave. Craziest **** I've been in. My wife was my partner in a guy, girl tourney. After that, she never had any problem going out :D

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Now I want a 14' aluminum boat with trailer. Currently content to find a shady place to dunk a minnow, or throw some lures.

I got a 14' Caddo, its not aluminum and it may need alittle work to make it pretty but it has a trailer and its not that far from you that Ill make you a good deal on if your interested

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a John Deere inner-tube, Ha!
Also have a 14' AlumaCraft I bought in 1980 at Murff's Guns in Duncan,OK.
In the process of replacing the rotten transom with hi intensity poly something.
In those days that was the min length allowed on most lakes. I don't know what it is today.
3 years ago I bought a super clean 1990 Ranger bass boat off ebay in Yuma AZ.
Went to the lake several times that year, my thought was just being on the lake was great, catching fish was a bonus. However that must have not been true because after putting almost $2k worth of electronic fish finders, I still could not catch fish. Used the boat twice the next year and sold it on ebay last year to a guy in MO.
Now I shoot.
I think I like to shoot so much because in contrast to fishing you get instant gratification.
So I shoot-shoot-shoot and I am happy-happy-happy. :D

Trevor300wsm

Well-Known Fanatic
I guess I'll be the black sheep here with my "party boat". Since my dad passed away back in 2008, I dont fish much anymore. In fact, I made a trip down to Falcon in the spring of '08 and dont think I've fished since. Just not the same without him. However, I've been a boater all my life and always will be. Along with shooting, boating and being on the water in the summer is my favorite thing to do. Here my my boat....it's a 28ft Donzi ZX with twin 350's. Yeah I'm that guy going 75mph while your anchored up on the brush pile.
b7f5e310.jpg

9f924ea8.jpg

669f8101.jpg

dennishoddy

Very nice looking rig!
I've got a ranger bass boat I need to sell. We used it on Grand lake alot. Windy days in open water, I'd tuck in behind boats like yours trying to find a little smoother water.

C Hyde

Well-Known Fanatic
On the weekends its bullets,boats or babes. I haven't figured out witch one is the cheapest yet.
35' fountain,twin 540s, speed hang on.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 146

Trevor300wsm

Well-Known Fanatic
On the weekends its bullets,boats or babes. I haven't figured out witch one is the cheapest yet.
35' fountain,twin 540s, speed hang on.

Look at you!! 35' Fountain makin my lil Donzi look like a dingy! Is that your wife or daughter? Either way, shes very pretty for sure. Where you keep that baby at? (the boat, not the girl).

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Trevor. You have a rough life... If you ever need somebody just to sit down and listen to you go on and on about your hard life, just call me up and we'll hit the lakes.

Trevor300wsm

Well-Known Fanatic
Trevor. You have a rough life... If you ever need somebody just to sit down and listen to you go on and on about your hard life, just call me up and we'll hit the lakes.

It ain't all roses bud I assure you. Everybody has their issues, and trust me I've got mine. Material items can't fix everything, and there's lots of times I'd trade it all away for some real inner peace. However, on a lighter note, your welcome to ride, drive, or shoot anything I have so anytime you wanna come on down I-35 and hang out just say the word and we will do it up right like big ball-r's!!

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
It's not big, but it's extra big on fun. And I bet you guys can't dive yours 15' underwater.
IMG00333.jpg

Few action pics from jumping wakeboarding boat waves. Carver Yachts will throw one that will send you about 20 feet up!
5734_1035929559104_1851442463_168933_575997_n.jpg

5734_1035929519103_1851442463_168932_6233114_n.jpg

Latest posts