Where to buy original SW 1911 PD grips

shotgun2002

Fanatic
I recently obtained a SW1911 PD, never been fired, but it was bought with the laser grips. I would really like the wooden grips. I have no need to a laser on this gun.
Any ideas on where to look? I have found none yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Woodcaliber.com lets you custom build your grips, bit of sticker shock for grips but I've seen more expensive. I know the folks onboard will have better choices for your search.
As for myself, vzgrips.com are not "classic" in the sense old school wood grips as they are made from G10 laminates, but they also have wood. They are my favorite due to the variety of textures the grips come in. Some folks feel they are to "rough" on the hands/rubbing against body if carried inside the waist band and on and on. Now I admit that some styles have a cheese-grater feel but I just found that my grip stayed true in rain/snow/sweat due to that "grip". So many choices out their for your SW and so many more opinions.

shotgun2002

Fanatic
Woodcaliber.com lets you custom build your grips, bit of sticker shock for grips but I've seen more expensive. I know the folks onboard will have better choices for your search.
As for myself, vzgrips.com are not "classic" in the sense old school wood grips as they are made from G10 laminates, but they also have wood. They are my favorite due to the variety of textures the grips come in. Some folks feel they are to "rough" on the hands/rubbing against body if carried inside the waist band and on and on. Now I admit that some styles have a cheese-grater feel but I just found that my grip stayed true in rain/snow/sweat due to that "grip". So many choices out their for your SW and so many more opinions.
Thanks for the ideas.

Latest posts