Fanatic
Bullseye Division of the OKC Gun Club
Ron Doggett Division Chair
405-942-0488
[email protected]
Mark Thomas PR Representative
405-330-8268
[email protected]

LOOKING FOR SHOOTERS FOR THE BULLSEYE SHOOTING SPORT.

WHAT IS BULLSEYE?

BULLSEYE, ALSO KNOWN AS CONVENTIONAL PISTOL, IS A SHOOTING SPORT IN WHICH PARTICIPANTS SHOOT HANDGUNS AT PAPER TARGETS AT FIXED DISTANCES AND TIME LIMITS. A NUMBER OF ORGANIZATIONS, INCLUDING THE NRA AND CIVILIAN MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAM IN THE UNITED STATES, HAVE ESTABLISHED RULES AND KEEP RECORDS FOR THESE SPORTS. EMPHASIS IS ON ACCURACY AND PRECISION. THE SPORT IS PRIMARILY POPULAR IN UNITED STATES AND CANADA. BULLSEYE PISTOL WAS THE INSPIRATION FOR THE ISSF INTERNATIONAL 25 M STANDARD PISTOL (82 FEET) EVENT AND LIKE THE ISSF PISTOL EVENTS, THE DEVELOPMENT OF SKILLS REQUIRED TO SHOOT ONE-HANDED AT 6-INCH AND 8-INCH BULLSEYE TARGETS AT 25 AND 50 YARDS, RESPECTIVELY, TAKES CONSIDERABLE TRAINING TO ACHIEVE PROFICIENCY.

HERE AT HEARTLAND WE ARE PROVIDING TRAINING AS WELL AS MATCHES DURING THE WINTER MONTHS. IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO GET INTO THE INDOOR SHOOTING EVENTS HERE AT HEARTLAND OUTDOORS. WE HAVE A TRAINING CLASS ON THE FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH AND MATCHES ON THE 2ND, 3RD AND 4TH TUESDAYS. ALL TRAINING AND MATCHES START AT 6:00 PM.

EVERYONE IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO ATTEND.

Monthly training classes should be starting in March on the first Saturday of the month, check the OKC gun club bullseye training link for more info or contact Ron or Me. We will be happy to help you get started.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
What is the format for the shooting? How many rounds in what time at what distance per match? I don't have a clue about bullseye.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm interested. I have a new Springfield 1911 R.O. that I have heard makes a good base bullseye gun. I am also interested in 3-gun, but would like to structure my next AR build around, so it's going to be a little while. I am also wanting one of those awesome M2's tricked out by AI. Bullseye might be just the thing until I get closer to trying 3-gun.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
What is the format for the shooting? How many rounds in what time at what distance per match? I don't have a clue about bullseye.

Hope this answers your question Jesse, this is from http://bullseyepistol.com/
An NRA-sanctioned bullseye match is a three-gun affair that requires you to shoot identical 90 shot courses of fire with each gun. Gun one must be a .22 rimfire pistol or revolver, gun two must be a centerfire pistol or revolver of .32 caliber or larger, and gun three must be a .45 caliber pistol or revolver. Most competitors use two guns for an entire match: a .22 rimfire semiautomatic pistol and a 1911-style .45 ACP. Optical sights are allowed, including conventional scopes and red dot sights, although many shooters still use open sights.

The standard 90-shot course of fire begins with 30 shots of slow fire. In the slow-fire stage the target is placed at 50 yards and you're given 10 minutes to fire 10 shots. The targets are scored and repaired after each string of 10 shots.
The slow-fire course gives shooters fits. It places more stress on shooter and gun than the other two courses and is often the deciding factor in a match. At 50 yards the l0-ring-only 3.3 inches in diameter-seems minuscule. Inside of the 3.3-inch l0-ring is a 1.7-inch X-ring used to break ties.

After the slow-fire course is complete, the targets are moved to 25 yards for timed fire. Then 30 shots are fired in five-shot strings, 10 shots to a target, with 20 seconds allowed for each five- shot string.
Unlike other handgun sports that use a handheld timer, in bullseye each target rotates to and from the shooter to regulate the timing. As the shooters prepare to fire, only the edge of the target is visible. The target rotates to face the shooter when shooting is to begin. The target rotates away when time has expired.

The third and final stage is rapid fire. It's identical to timed fire: same target at 25 yards with only 10 seconds allowed for each five-shot string.

penman53

Fanatic
Hope this answers your question Jesse, this is from http://bullseyepistol.com/

That just about sums it up Jesse, if you have any more questions you can contact me at 330-8268 home or 615-1434 cell. Bullseye in concert with the other shooting disiplines makes all shooters, better shooters.

Mark Thomas