What is a good score for Stage 3 Classifier?

Barbarians Live

Active Fanatic
I shot the IDPA classifier for the first time (also first outing with my new STI Marauder) tonight. On Stage 3 my total time for the 3 strings was 41.xx seconds (something like 17, 18, and 5.5 seconds each for time) and I had +13 added (no missed target shots, just a few shots out of Down 0 circle on each target--if USPSA A-zone score would be better for sure). I guess my score was about 54.xx.

It was amazing how many people missed several shots on targets and were "relatively slow." I guess USPSA and 3-Gun serves you well when you do the IDPA thingy.

Anyway if someone can shed light on my Stage 3 time/score (I guess they say it is the most difficult) for first outing I would appreciate it.

If I could have practiced it twice I'm sure I could have done even better (stupid tactical reloads--I just stuffed them down the front of my pants and did well I guess for not having practiced tactical reloads. I didn't know that you could stuff the mag while moving so I did it flat-footed behind the barricade and then moved.

Barbarians Live

Active Fanatic
If I'm reading that correctly it is Oklahoma slang for who gives a ****. Actually I don't even know why I give a **** about IDPA (was a match night, I was bored and it was the only game available). I got to wear a cool-looking vest (that's Iowa slang for sarcasm). I'm shooting a SASS match Saturday so I can redeem myself.

Edit--found the answer by searching Benos. I was about 8.xx points from IDPA master. Stage 3 should be run with about 42 points for master level. Also demonstrates to me that a Master-level IDPA score is equivalent to B-class USPSA. (I'm working my way to A class this summer).

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Barbarians Live said:
If I'm reading that correctly it is Oklahoma slang for who gives a ****. Actually I don't even know why I give a **** about IDPA (was a match night, I was bored and it was the only game available). I got to wear a cool-looking vest (that's Iowa slang for sarcasm). I'm shooting a SASS match Saturday so I can redeem myself.

Edit--found the answer by searching Benos. I was about 8.xx points from IDPA master. Stage 3 should be run with about 42 points for master level. Also demonstrates to me that a Master-level IDPA score is equivalent to B-class USPSA. (I'm working my way to A class this summer).
It means we have no idea what you're asking. Stage 3? Are all the stages always the same?

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
43078454.jpg

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Barbarians Live said:
IDPA classifier always the same (Googled that).

Names? We don't need no stinkin names.

And now for something completely different.

BEDwoXE.jpg
I think I like you. Even though you shot Stage 3 in 41 seconds

posted via Tapatalk

Latest posts