What do you have that’s MAGIC?

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
I have this Kimber Classic Stainless Gold Match 1911 fully built by John Jardine.

The gun works on the "think system". I think about the target and it hits it! The gun is a laser guided heat seeker.

NO safe queen, I carry this everywhere except ca (in crapistan I carry what I am willing to forfeit). When in ca being forced to carry my P 365 or my FNP, though reliable, are a radical drop from the stratosphere.

My Jardine pistol IS SOOOO GOOD I think I could hold it backwards with my eyes closed and hit what ever I think about. It's beyond custom……it's magic!

What do you have / carry that is so good it surprised you? What is that ONE GUN among your many that is so much better than everything else and why?

ALSO, knowing this gun is so superior, do you carry it or is it a safe queen?

Your opinions mean more to me than Gun Tests magazine……….Can't wait to hear your experienced replies

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 8

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
My friend had a SA RO he did a little trigger work on and changed the rear sight. I shot it, and finally talked him into selling it to me, took a while to talk him into it.

Said gun took a trip to Steve Owens for front strap checkering and a re parkerization. Things happened, he wound up replacing most or all of the MIM parts, did a little work on it... Not a full custom, but it is the best shooting handgun I own. Shoots like an extension of my hand. It gets carried, a LOT.

stag.JPG

Angel Feliciano

Fanatic
My favorite 1911 is my Springfield Armory Mil-Spec that I completely upgraded by adding the following: STI S7 Tool Steel Commander Hammer, Sear, Disconnector, Smith Alexander .220 Grip Safety and MSH w/Slim Magwell, Cylinder and Slide Tactical Thumb Safety and Long Aluminum Trigger, EGW Custom Barrel Bushing, Wilson Combat 1pc. FLGR 18.5LBS Recoil Spring, Shok buffer, Leaf Spring and 21 LBS Main Spring, STI Titanium Hammer Strut, Millett Mark II Rear Sight and .200 Orange Front Sight. Since I grew up in the 1980s and read all the Gun Magazines that were available at the time which showcased the weapons from Cylinder & Slide, Clark Customs, King Customs and the 1911s that were build for the Operators in US Army Delta Force and USMC Force Recon to name a few. So I took input of those great gunsmiths and armorers and added my own twist. I recently changed the grips to a set of Hogue Checkered G10 Grips and because the grips were not Magwell style I went to a regular Smith AlexanderIMG_20230216_014500750.jpgIMG_20230216_014537434.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

My magic 1911 is the Kimber Stainless Target II in .45acp that I bought back around 2000 something. Ran it for a couple years in USPSA.
Amazing pistol that ran and ran and was accurate. Been in a "few" discussions with other firearm owners on other forums that tend to trash 1911's.
When they get done running their mouths, I challenge them to a contest of 1000 rounds without cleaning, one mag after another. Accuracy isn't the issue, reliability is.
I've yet to have one of the other gun owners take me up on the challenge, especially the Tupperware owners that claim their foreign made firearms are far superior to the 1911. Yeah, they have round count, but it's the finger behind the trigger that determines who wins.
During my 10 years in competition shooting, the tupperware owners broke down more than any other platform.
I did many runs of 1000 rounds without cleaning during competitions, where the barrel area was black and nasty, the slide gummy, but the danged thing still shot. Sometimes it was a miracle because the slide was getting so slow, but it ran.

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Currently my best match is this Alchemy Prime Elite .45.

It runs fast & accurate......feels very natural.

Latest posts