What are you listening too??

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
my new daughter in law comes from a family that owns a bunch of boats, most with sails.. so I decided to share with her some of my favorite sailing themed songs. Thought some here might enjoy them as well. So here they are, in no particular order:
Flint's own : Grand Funk Railroad " Closer to Home / I'm Your Captain"

Loggins and Messina "Vahevala"

Christopher Cross " Sailing"

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
One more I read yesterday on Pandora..hadn't heard it in a long time.

Looking Glass - Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)

Ok can't figure out to get this started, but What is your favorite song intro? Mine would be the Stones HonkeyTonk Woman. Love the drums and the cowbell. ooops I forgot about the guitar, don't know how I could do that?

Last edited:

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Just heard a song on Pandora I hadn't heard in a long time, & one that brought back a happy memory.
Song is , Marshall Tucker Band's " Take The Highway"

Never heard of the group when I heard announced on a local radio station there was going to be a free concert on the soccer field @ UCSD, La Jolla.
I was in the USN , in a school @ the time ( early '73) , and decided to take a m/c ride there, to see the concert. As said, I'd never heard of the band, but was I ever surprised, when I got there & heard them play.. I remember while, listening to the flute in "Take the Highway", it gave me goosebumps, I felt like every hair on my body standing on end. Lying on the grass, on a warm, sunny day, listening to great music . What a feeling ! ( & a Great memory) . I paid attention & not too much later, got to see another band play there , the Climax Blues Band. Guess this was just before both groups "made it big".. for them to play an outdoor concert , on a soccer field @ UCSD, in So. Calif. Feel Blessed that I got to experience this.

Last edited: