Weapon lights?

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
What weapon lights do you fellas use?

I'm careful to make sure I buy guns and parts that are made in USA. I don't like knives, hand tools or anything else I buy to come from other countries, with very few exceptions. I own a Wilson Combat EDCX knife that was made by Fox Cutlery in Italy. That's the only exception I can identify. I especially avoid anything made in China if I can. I would rather do without than buy a product made in China, and I'm finding that the junk made there is increasingly hard to avoid.

I buy Surefire weapon lights because they're made in USA and rock solid dependable. But, they're expensive. I figure if I buy Surefire lights, I buy once and cry once. What's your take?

Their may be something great out there I'm unaware of.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I completely agree with the buy once, cry once philosophy. And it supports OUR economy and workers!!
Supporting our workers is important. I'm shocked at the consumerism in this country now. Many people just want the lowest price they can find for whatever it is they're purchasing with no thought about where it comes from or how it's made. They forget that you get what you pay for.

I guess I'm just an old man off on another rant. It seems like I do that more now with all the whacko things that are happening.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
8C2180F6-C97A-4B0C-B039-5AB57D9A0DB4.jpegI to like Surefire products and use them often, this is my favorite model pistol light. I also use their handheld lights almost exclusively.

I got an Inforce light (not sure of model) from a member off of that other forum a few years back which is a very nice light but I never researched where it's made. It's the only one I have.
5BEBA150-DCE5-4B6D-8128-507C622575EC.jpeg

I almost tried Olight because of their charging system but then found out they're made in China so never tried one!

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
View attachment 8013I to like Surefire products and use them often, this is my favorite model pistol light. I also use their handheld lights almost exclusively.

I got an Inforce light (not sure of model) from a member off of that other forum a few years back which is a very nice light but I never researched where it's made. It's the only one I have.
View attachment 8014

I almost tried Olight because of their charging system but then found out they're made in China so never tried one!
Awesome!

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I had an O-Light that found it's way to my nightstand gun.

Later added another, smaller version, to my wife's nightstand gun.

Rechargeable & useful for running at range sessions. Mighty handy to "top off" the charge and put 'em back into their nightstand roles. Indoor use......not much worry about rain or carry abuse.

At some point after her passing, I changed the grips on her gun and it remains in use in a home defense role in another room with spare mags.

For actually carry use....I will be going with SureFire. I want something that can handle the elements and take a beating.....and is proven by LEO nationwide to do just that.

For Father's Day, for example......I gave Dad a SureFire Stiletto Pro. He received it this week and called me to tell me how much he loves it already. Slips in pocket with ease, superstrong housing, supernova brightness, waterproof and USB rechargeable. Glad I bought one for myself, too. ;)

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
I must speak up and stand my ground. I have several Streamlight's and have had no issues with them. TLR-! & 2 w/laser. also Plolytac's etc.. I have had no issues other than there Chinese made. But everything else is including the currant President of this country. I try to buy USA made whoever feasible. Even Politicians. (when possible)

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Dub, I am saddened for the loss of your wife. As Believers we should be joyful our loved one is with Jesus, difficult duty. But absolutely, one day you 2 will be rejoined. Praise God

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I had an O-Light that found it's way to my nightstand gun.

Later added another, smaller version, to my wife's nightstand gun.

Rechargeable & useful for running at range sessions. Mighty handy to "top off" the charge and put 'em back into their nightstand roles. Indoor use......not much worry about rain or carry abuse.

At some point after her passing, I changed the grips on her gun and it remains in use in a home defense role in another room with spare mags.

For actually carry use....I will be going with SureFire. I want something that can handle the elements and take a beating.....and is proven by LEO nationwide to do just that.

For Father's Day, for example......I gave Dad a SureFire Stiletto Pro. He received it this week and called me to tell me how much he loves it already. Slips in pocket with ease, superstrong housing, supernova brightness, waterproof and USB rechargeable. Glad I bought one for myself, too. ;)
Also sorry to hear of her departure but you will see her again, my condolences!

Your reasons for the Olight is exactly why I considered them. I just saw today on YouTube that Heavy Duty Country is adding for them!
Yes I watch YouTube often cause **** them and I watch as much anti liberal crap to show support for those fighting our fight.

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
I have had a sure fire XP6 pro for years and it has been well used in pretty rough conditions and never a minutes trouble ! It is a hand held model that will fit in any car counsel or truck . Last I knew they were the only 100% American made light left , not sure if that's still true.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I have had a sure fire XP6 pro for years and it has been well used in pretty rough conditions and never a minutes trouble ! It is a hand held model that will fit in any car counsel or truck . Last I knew they were the only 100% American made light left , not sure if that's still true.
There's a number of well made lights out there, but it's hard to beat a Surefire. I like the fact that they are made in USA too. I have 2 of them and together they cost me $500. But, I know I will never need to buy another light unless I just want to for some reason.

Last edited:

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
There's a number of well made lights out there, but it's hard to beat a Surefire.. I like the fact that they are made in USA too. I have 2 of them and together they cost me $500. But, I know I will never need to buy another light unless I just want to for some reason.
Yeah they are a little pricy, but I figure some ole boy goes back to work here in America somewhere when I purchased it . And that makes it worth it to me .

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
Dub, please allow me to extend my condolences as well sir.

On lights, I had an impulse buy of a Protec I put on my FNP-9 with intentions of upgrading if I liked the process. I'm looking at the quality US made gear all the time, but haven't made a decision on what I might like yet. This post may help some. Appreciated.

Last edited:

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Have a SureFire X300 & Trijicon RMR inbound.

Both going on a carry gun that may get banged around at times but will need to be trusted.

Latest posts