USPSA combined results

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
I know everyone likes to see the combined results after a uspsa match and there is a website that does this. http://combinedresults.info/ Just follow it and go to the club you want to see the overall results for. It is a neat site with what looks like every club in the country on it.

Bosshoss

New Fanatic
This is a cool site but it states that it is unofficial results and I have found several times the results are different than posted on the USPSA site. USPSA site shows someone finishing ahead of another shooter but this site showed it the other way around.
Still is great to see the combined results, makes for some fun comparisions.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
That is because Results computed above are NOT OFFICIAL and provided for entertainment purposes only. USPSA does not recognize overall results. Your place can change when you view a ss shooter to an open shooter. Thats why uspsa does not post these results on thier website.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Bosshoss said:
This is a cool site but it states that it is unofficial results and I have found several times the results are different than posted on the USPSA site. USPSA site shows someone finishing ahead of another shooter but this site showed it the other way around.
Still is great to see the combined results, makes for some fun comparisions.
Your match score is determined by the sum of your stage points, which in turn are computed by your HF's percentage of the stage winner's HF on each stage.

Computing scores overall in the match changes the stage winner, which changes the proportion of stage points awarded, which can alter your relationship in the standings to other shooters.

It's not that the scores aren't wrong, it's that math is math.

Bosshoss

New Fanatic
I was making a note that the results can be different than what actually happens. I shoot revolver class and shot a match with a friend eariler this year, both of us in revolver class. A very close match that when the scores were posted on the combined site showed he won by less than half a point but when I went to USPSA site it showed that I had won by less than half a point. I know how the results are changed when doing a overall like this but just wanted to make sure that everyone knew it is not official results. I wasn't complaining about the site.
As a revolver shooter this combined results site is more important to me than the USPSA results because a lot of the time I'm the only revolver shooter and I know how I finished in revolver class. So it is how I gauge my performance by looking at the overall results. I shoot for finishing above the half way mark and between 50-60% of the top shooters score. This is a floating target as it depends on who show up a each match. One club I shoot at has 7 or 8 GM's show up on a regular basic at that match I know I'm not going to do as well as a match with just a couple Masters as the top shooters.

DonC

grumpy old fat man
Bosshoss said:
I was making a note that the results can be different than what actually happens. I shoot revolver class and shot a match with a friend eariler this year, both of us in revolver class. A very close match that when the scores were posted on the combined site showed he won by less than half a point but when I went to USPSA site it showed that I had won by less than half a point. I know how the results are changed when doing a overall like this but just wanted to make sure that everyone knew it is not official results. I wasn't complaining about the site.
As a revolver shooter this combined results site is more important to me than the USPSA results because a lot of the time I'm the only revolver shooter and I know how I finished in revolver class. So it is how I gauge my performance by looking at the overall results. I shoot for finishing above the half way mark and between 50-60% of the top shooters score. This is a floating target as it depends on who show up a each match. One club I shoot at has 7 or 8 GM's show up on a regular basic at that match I know I'm not going to do as well as a match with just a couple Masters as the top shooters.
Bosshoss said:
I also kinda use your theory here as a performance factor. Even thought i may shoot open at a match i will try to compare my performance with a higher class ltd shooter. this is not apples to apples but it also tells me a few things. In most cases i will have shot against that same competitor in Ltd so i kind of have a guage. For me it is more of an ego thing i think.

The Antichrome

Dontcha just love the 'Flip-flop'? Thats when you 'beat' someone in your Division for overall (un-official) standing...but they beat you in the actual (official) results. Apples and oranges...

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
I bet it is not running since practiscore post the overalls. If using uspsa ezwin you have to save the overall and post them else where.

Latest posts