The true meaning of Easter.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic

https://understandingthegospel.org/...-articles/what-is-the-meaning-of-good-friday/
Thank you Mike for sharing this. If there were no Easter, there would be no Christmas. Jesus came to die for our sins, and rose in victory over the grave, to provide a way for us to be saved from sin, and go to Heaven when we die.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Happy Easter to all. Even though many in our country nowadays do not even know the meaning of it, sadly. I believe soon they will.
Our Pastor today said He was no longer going to use the word Easter, because it now seems to be about eggs, bunnies, and such as that. He then said he would refer to the day as, Resurrection Sunday! I could not agree more. Amen.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
Our Pastor today said He was no longer going to use the word Easter, because it now seems to be about eggs, bunnies, and such as that. He then said he would refer to the day as, Resurrection Sunday! I could not agree more. Amen.
I am sure that there is a non-pagan word that can be used. The Spanish use the word
"Pascua" stands by itself as the word used most often in Spanish to refer to Easter. Coming from the Hebrew "Pessach," the word for Passover.
If your Pastor does not read read Hebrew or some other biblical language, he likely can find someone that can find a proper non-pagan word.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I am sure that there is a non-pagan word that can be used. The Spanish use the word
"Pascua" stands by itself as the word used most often in Spanish to refer to Easter. Coming from the Hebrew "Pessach," the word for Passover.
If your Pastor does not read read Hebrew or some other biblical language, he likely can find someone that can find a proper non-pagan
Thank you.