The Springfield Armory Garrison 9mm

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
The Springfield Armory Garrison 9mm is a modern take on John Moses Browning's timeless 1911 handgun design

1650709055935.gif

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Nice, but I require front strap checkering, or some sort of textured treatment. I do like that it is offered in a blued finish.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Sadly, like most guns, finding one will be a monumental affair.:( While I'm on here, I just bought a S&W L frame from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore, on line. They have an excellent leo/mil/first responder program. Well worth the time to look into. Great savings.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Sadly, like most guns, finding one will be a monumental affair.:( While I'm on here, I just bought a S&W L frame from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore, on line. They have an excellent leo/mil/first responder program. Well worth the time to look into. Great savings.
I love L frames. I have a 581.

Ceapea

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice, but I require front strap checkering, or some sort of textured treatment. I do like that it is offered in a blued finish.
I have one of these on three 1911s. I love them! From what I've heard, they may not fit every 1911...
They work perfectly for me on two Kimber models and a SA RO
A small lip fits around the grip frame, and is "locked" in by the stocks.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I wrote a review of the Wilson Checkered front strap..they are great..if they fit your 1911 frame.
Ones I purchased wouldn't fit my Colt 1911's, ( Govt & Commander size... 1 fit a Springfield , & 1 sorta fit / was used on/ made to fit an STI I have

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought a 6" 686 shortly after S&W brought that model into the market. I was considering a Colt Python, but at about 1/2 the price of the snake,
the 686 became my choice. I paid the outrageous amount (it seemed @ the time,) of $100.00 to have a local gun smith do a trigger job on my 686,
and I considered my 686 to be my "S&W Python.." Though it's mostly a safe queen, since my preference changed to auto loaders, due to ease of cleaning compared to a revolver . I'm compelled to do a full detailed clean, after each range trip with my revolvers. I'm always impressed with what a nice shooting weapon it is.. and the 2.5# trigger always seems to surprise me, at least 1 X when fired. Very light & smooth trigger, it has.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought a 6" 686 shortly after S&W brought that model into the market. I was considering a Colt Python, but at about 1/2 the price of the snake,
the 686 became my choice. I paid the outrageous amount (it seemed @ the time,) of $100.00 to have a local gun smith do a trigger job on my 686,
and I considered my 686 to be my "S&W Python.." Though it's mostly a safe queen, since my preference changed to auto loaders, due to ease of cleaning compared to a revolver . I'm compelled to do a full detailed clean, after each range trip with my revolvers. I'm always impressed with what a nice shooting weapon it is.. and the 2.5# trigger always seems to surprise me, at least 1 X when fired. Very light & smooth trigger, it has.
Very nice! I love S&W revolvers.

Ceapea

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a 6" 686+ (7 shot) that I bought new, back in '98 for $390.
Love it! Relatively light (but smooth) DA pull. super sweet SA pull. Accurate as all get out.

Learn to shoot a DA/SA revolver well, you'll learn to shoot almost everything else, really well!!!

Latest posts