The latest expansion in Smith & Wesson’s Military & Police (M&P) line

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
Might just have to try a 10mm. In about a year or two when local gun stores might have one.:(
I think you would like the 10mm. it will out perform the 45acp.
If you know who Larry Vickers is, he had a show called Tactv. One episode was at the Glock factory in GA. with the G20. Larry took the 10mm out to a field and hit steel at 50m, 100m, 150m, 200m, 250m and the rule was must hit by 3 shots. He missed the 300m on all 3 shots. Larry came on after the show and told us that he did hit the 300m but it took a total of 7 try's. How many pistols do you know that can make a 250-300m shot? How many people do you know that can make a 250-300m shot with a pistol?

300m = 984.252ft
250m = 820.21ft

1637553785344.gif

Last edited:

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Though I'm not a fan of polymer framed pistols, I do like the 10mm cartridge. I've had a Colt Delta Elite ( all SS 5" version) for many years.
As brass & ammo was very hard to find, I rarely shot mine. My club doesn't allow magnum or 10mm ammo to be used in their indoor range, so I had to shoot 10mm outdoors. Finding brass thrown in the grass was / is a pain.
I eventually had a 40 S&W barrel fitted to my Delta, now I shoot it regularly in the indoor range.

Funny thing about 10mm ammo.. NOW, unless you purchase specialty ammo ( like Doubletap , Underwood, etc) the 10mm ammo is not loaded too much hotter than 40 S&W. Anyone buying 10mm ammo should look @ the velocity it's loaded to, if you want true 10mm performance.
Hand loaders are free to load @ whatever velocity they feel is safe, in their pistols.

Shortly after getting my Delta, I loaded some ammo with 135 gr. bullets. Took it to Colo. to visit my old riding buddy & shot some of my loads.
Was impressed with how flat shooting those rds.were, shooting @ extended range.

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
Though I'm not a fan of polymer framed pistols, I do like the 10mm cartridge. I've had a Colt Delta Elite ( all SS 5" version) for many years.
As brass & ammo was very hard to find, I rarely shot mine. My club doesn't allow magnum or 10mm ammo to be used in their indoor range, so I had to shoot 10mm outdoors. Finding brass thrown in the grass was / is a pain.
I eventually had a 40 S&W barrel fitted to my Delta, now I shoot it regularly in the indoor range.

Funny thing about 10mm ammo.. NOW, unless you purchase specialty ammo ( like Doubletap , Underwood, etc) the 10mm ammo is not loaded too much hotter than 40 S&W. Anyone buying 10mm ammo should look @ the velocity it's loaded to, if you want true 10mm performance.
Hand loaders are free to load @ whatever velocity they feel is safe, in their pistols.

Shortly after getting my Delta, I loaded some ammo with 135 gr. bullets. Took it to Colo. to visit my old riding buddy & shot some of my loads.
Was impressed with how flat shooting those rds.were, shooting @ extended range.
Very good point on 10mm "range" ammo

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Long been impressed with Jerry, love his channel and his shooting is legendary. Also like LAV , his accomplishments, his channel and I hope his health and atf issues are under control

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
Long been impressed with Jerry, love his channel and his shooting is legendary. Also like LAV , his accomplishments, his channel and I hope his health and atf issues are under control
Ditto, the last picture of him that I saw, he was not looking that good. I hope we don't lose him!

You did see what the ATF did to him 1639168366411.gif

1639168205623.gif

1639168171368.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts